Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon question

Indotguy

I would like to eventually add a beep and dig Tesoro unit to my detector arsenal and have a quick question. Can a Tejon user tell the difference between a dime and quarter?
Thanks in advance.

No, they both will not disc out at depth.

I was afraid of that. Thanks for a fast response anyway.

The outlaw will.
Like it's older brother the Bandido II micromax, it can separate quarters from copper and dimes.
If you run it at max you will only get clean tones on quarters and above like halves and dollars and silver. Possible to get small chatter on copper pennies and dimes but mine doesn't.
To my knowledge it's the only modern Tesoro that can do that. At least the ones I have which is quite a few. Haven't tried with my Cutlass Micromax. It's a pretty nifty feature.

Guy on YouTube, texastigerdigs made a video showing it in action doing it.
It's like super cherry picking for quarters and up.
A whole can will still beep lol

My Silver Sabre Micromax discriminates out clad dimes while still hitting clean on clad quarters, and silver coins. Smaller silver jewelry only hits if it's a couple inches down or less.

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Guy on YouTube, texastigerdigs made a video showing it in action doing it.
It's like super cherry picking for quarters and up.
A whole can will still beep lol

You know what's funny? A dealer offered me a trade for the 3 coil outlaw pack about a year ago and that was before I got my Mojave Obv so I had never owned a tesoro Ms June if I had then I probably would have taken that deal cause I sure do have a itch to get another. :)

bschifferdecker said:
My Silver Sabre Micromax discriminates out clad dimes while still hitting clean on clad quarters, and silver coins. Smaller silver jewelry only hits if it's a couple inches down or less.
Oh cool!! Then I know another now. That one was in the lineup with the Bandido II micromax time period so maybe it's same circuitry