Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

teknetics 4000 vs. fisher f2,,,,,,

kelly95

Hello, new here and wanting to get back into detecting. I know this is teknetics forum but i wanted to know if anyone has experience with the fisher f2 vs the 4000? I know they are slightly different machines but these are the two that jump out at me and that have pretty good reviews overall. Thanks for any info!

The delta is VERY underrated. I personally think it locks on coins a bit better than the F2. Both are very fast recovery, 5 year warranty and super light weight.

Holler if i can help with more questions or pricing. Bart

The Teknetics Delta is the better one.

The Fisher F2 runs about 20 hours on TWO 9 Volt batteries. The Delta can do 20 hours with ONE 9 volt battery. The Delta just has the newer circuit board that has less power consumption. There is a rain cover available for the Delta, but not for the F2. Depending on soil conditions the Delta can punch deeper. The Delta has a true All Metal Mode ( A1) , the F2 just zero discrimination.

Andy,NM

Kelly95, do pay attention to what AndyNM is saying..he is uber experienced and has field tested/written reviews on a multitude of detectors. He is also a detector dealer located in Germany. He used to live in the States. No, you cannot purchase from him.......lol.......he will tell you to buy from U.S. dealer....because he is a reputable dealer:)
Try our forum sponsors if interested in purchasing. Helps keep this site going and they are extremely competitive in pricing. Plus they are 'authorized' dealers, so you will get the 5 year warranty.

If it helps I have the f4 and the delta and in reality it is almost a tie it seems to me btwn the f4 and the delta.I assume the delta definitely has an edge over the f2. HH !!

I haven't used an F2 but I can tell you that the Delta 4000 is one heck of a good MD ,especially for the price.I can't believe how good this thing locks onto NICKELS, yes nickels. I have found quarters at 6-8" with the sensitivity on 8. I have read that if you take these Deltas to the edge of chattering as far as sensitivity goes, they can really hunt deep. I love this machine's user friendliness and I really love how much of a coin killer it is. I have owned Bounty Hunters(pioneer 505,Landstar), a Garrett 1350 and most recently a Minelab 505 and as crazy as it sounds this Delta 4000 is my favorite. I would eventually like to try an Omega. I have read alot of good reports on it. It seems to be another great bang for the buck machine. Teknetics seems to be onto something here:clap:

just wanted to say thanks for all the replies, as you can tell it seems that for the dollars both these are good machines. now i'm looking at package deals on kellyco but if there is a dealer on here that can do the same deal/accessories package especially if i could get coil covers and DD coil i would be interested. thanks again guys!!

Get your detector from a forum sponsor..........trust me....you will be happier. And I think they can match K...yCo on a package deal.

I had the Delta 4000 and really believe it is at least 95% the depth of the Gamma and Omega, just a few less bells and whistles. Like they said, the Delta is a very under-rated detector!

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?43,1535192

well just an fyi, i got a tesoro compadre with new bag,digger phones and pinpointer for 165 shipped off ebay!!! i figured this would be good til i get the pennies to get the fisher or teknetics or ???? thanks guys for the info. (still leaning to teknetics). i think with two like this i'll cover most options around here.