Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics G2 Chatty coil?

Giantprawn60

Hi there I live in the UK have have recently purchased a G2 after the ace 250. I don't have a coil cover on my 11" coil and when I'm out digging it gets chatty when the coil just slightly brushes grass. I tried to lower the gain from 100 to 65-70 and it's a bit better but still a tad chatty.Will it stop with a coil cover?

Thanks

A coil cover won't help. Are your running in the disc mode? What level of discrimination are you running if any? Have you tried increasing the disc to see if it helps? Is your coil cable flopping around? Coil connection tight? If your able to properly ground balance and your sweeps are level and constant then you should be able to run yout gain at 75 with no problems.

The first G-2s coils were not sealed with the adhesive bead on the top of the coil. I had dew and moisture get in mine and Felix took care of me. Check your coil to see if it has been sealed. Also shake the coil wire with your machine on and if you get noise then you probably have a bad coil. In either case give Felix a call.

hi yes I run in disc mode at around 30-38 depending on the mood. I don't really go any higher so i'll give that a try. no floppy coil or bad connection. sweeps are levelled.it crackles only when something slightly brushes the bottom of the coil, as if I was running it too hot (high gain)
Coil is sealed fine from what I see. the G2 I have is version 4

Don't get me wrong it works brilliantly,i found a copper coin at 9 inches and a small button at 7 inches. it's not that annoying but I just thought it was a really quiet MD as in silent until you find something.

is it really a silent machine,i.e no buzzing,crackling sound like the Ace until you find something?

They are pretty quiet machines. I really only hear iron grunts. No buzzing or anything else. Have you tried different headphones? It really sounds like you should send it in for service though........

Yeah pretty much the same with another headphones....might bring it in for a check:sadwalk:

Thanks

Ha HA (as in Eureka!) I have discovered that if I ground balance with the coil flat on the ground to start off with, there won't be much chatter at all...weird. And also as you know it has 2 holes for headphones:well I have a jack adapter(from small plug on the headphones to big jack) and if I put the adapter in the big hole but use the small hole for the headphones, the chatter stops as well...give it a try

Thank you giant prawn. I'll try these suggestions as well myself.