Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TekPointer

RogerW

Recently acquired the pointer and have settled in to a method of use which seems to be the best for me. First off I have a Garrett black pointer and it clearly does not have the depth of the Tek pointer. Since my pinpointing with the T2 usually leaves something to be desired, if the target is beyond the range of the Garrett and I want to dig it, I use the Tek point to I D location and then dig out a couple inches of dirt and then use the Garrett for final location. I am not a fan of the 360 sensitivity of the TekPoint. Maybe I'll change my mind after more use. Redundant pinpointing at its best!

I won a TekPointer at a club meeting a couple of weeks ago. I have not used in the field yet but looking forward to try it out. Going to learn the settings before taking it to the field.

I have the f pulse and it’s not let me down. I use medium sensitivity with vibrate. It’s too unstable in some soil in high sensitivity and it needs ground balanced often. has plenty of depth on medium and less falsing. Becomes easier to tell size and depth as the beep/vibrate has a great “modulation” to it with hours of use becomes easy to understand. It will hit a deep can from 6 or so inches letting you know it’s not a coin. (Thing will go off before getting in the hole)Has a great build quality and feel to it. I’ve got a whole season on one set of batteries also, which is great. I’ve never had a garret but I had cheapies. I’m sure the garrets work well, but I will stick with this.

I would LOVE the 360 degree with the good depth since it could be used sideways with wider scan in beach shallows. Would place in plastic bag for extra protection.

It still has the strongest detection and sensitivity at the tip. 360 only messes with me on co-located items or when dug to the side of large iron or something. Not very often really....and it’s actually killer for that reason. Finding more stuff in the hole without swinging the coil over again and again.

Since it's clearly a stronger detecting pinpointer than what I am use to I imagine with more use I will get a better handle on the 360 coverage. Just like most things, when you are comfortable with one thing and then change it takes time to make the adjustment. Redundant pinpointing is really not too time consuming for now.

I got a Tek-pointer with the purchase of the T2+. I like it and it has great depth but I can't use it when I using the T2. It interferes with the machine something terrible. I have changed frequencies on both the pinpointer and the T2 to no avail, still get a lot of interference. I have come up with an alternate plan, if if I use the T2 I use my Garrett Pro Pointer AT which doesn't interfere with the T2 at all and if I use my ATPRO I use the Tek-pointer which doesn't interfere with the ATPRO.

i have the tek pointer and also hunt with the t2. Needed a new set of headphones so I bought a pair of killer B optima headphones with the mode switch. That took care of the problem completely. When I go to use the pinpointer I just flip the switch and I’m good to go. Flip it back when done