Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tell me about your sand scoop.. am looking for one

bigtim1973

I know there are probably a ton of post already on this subject but I wanted my own thread on the subject. So please speak up and give me some name brands or styles. i have looked on fleabay and the ones I liked seemed to be made in the Ukraine. I do not have a problem with that but I would rather order here in the USA. Surely there is someone in the US who makes a nice one too with a handle already attached that you could use for wading. Thanks in advanced, Tim

Wandering Karl said:
Seriously, the answer you find in a search will still be the Right Answer.

Maybe I should be a little more clear. I know I can search however....I am hoping for some real field experienced users to chime in with a particular model and why they like it.

Thanks for the info....I never heard of stealth but they seem to be more along the line of what I am after. A bit pricey though but I know you get what you pay for. I am not a big fan of the square mesh styled ones. Am looking for something with more if a pointed profile. I am not familiar with the name brands of them....so that is why I made this thread. I

I’ll chime in. I use a t-Rex with an Anderson carbon fiber handle. It’s on the heavy side because it’s stainless steel. But it will dig a deep hole and seems indestructible. I’ve seen videos using the extreme brand. They seem to be great quality as well. Extreme has a new handle I like it has snake skin texture that looks awesome. Anywho good luck with your purchase and HH

bigtim1973 said:
Wandering Karl said:
Seriously, the answer you find in a search will still be the Right Answer.

Maybe I should be a little more clear. I know I can search however....I am hoping for some real field experienced users to chime in with a particular model and why they like it.

Allow me to be a bit less subtle:
That's EXACTLY what a simple search will show you. As we all know, the more work you put into something, the more you will value it.

he lives in the water full time (and there are many videos on youtube with various makes/models of scoops.)
He, will have solid info.

Piedmontartifacts said:
I’ll chime in. I use a t-Rex with an Anderson carbon fiber handle. It’s on the heavy side because it’s stainless steel. But it will dig a deep hole and seems indestructible. I’ve seen videos using the extreme brand. They seem to be great quality as well. Extreme has a new handle I like it has snake skin texture that looks awesome. Anywho good luck with your purchase and HH

Thanks I will check them out. I did not know trex made sand scoops.

Well so far I have learned the nice scoops come with a nice price too. Man I have been out of the loop or living in the past I guess because they are way more expensive now. I should have bought some when I was a dealer several years ago. I do not think I can pull the trigger on a 200 plus dollar scoop. But I may go 160.00 max.

I’ve been using a Quest Scoopal, cost $95 and has been going strong for almost 2 years now in saltwater with no signs of failure.

vlad said:
he lives in the water full time (and there are many videos on youtube with various makes/models of scoops.)
He, will have solid info.

Thanks Vlad, I use two of the 720's..not our sponsors. And from what I have heard, they are now going to be made off shore? Not sure but rumor they sold out to .....

The sponsor here, Reilly's Scoops, built like tanks...last a life time..USA made. Some of the friendliest people in the scoop business. I used them for several years.
But old age caught up with me so I went expensive and lite.

One bit of advice I can give is...... get a scoop that will sift small targets, nothing worse then having to dig a target several times because it's getting thru the standard holes.

Like OBN says ... "nothing worse than having to dig a target several times" ... I use the Reilly's model RTGBBtv6 for a travel scoop when I fly. It fits in the suitcase and keeps me under 50 pounds with two detectors and cloths for padding the detectors. One down side with the standard 5/8 inch holes is that some of the pop tabs fall through. Reilly's has made them with 1/2 inch holes as a special order. Call them and ask. I had the pleasure of visiting their place in Pompano Beach a few years ago. If you are mostly hunting wet or dry sand it is not so big an issue; but in the water the smaller hole works much better and helps to not dig the same target several times. When I'm not flying, I'm now using the Stealth 720 with carbon fiber handle.

Here's my type : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0hgdwcD9A&t=8s

Getting one of these by Nuttall. Talked to the owner of the company tonight. He is out of Florida. Real nice fellow.

That's the scoop I've had my eye on. I only get to the ocean beach once every year or two, but I do plan on doing some water hunting with my EQ800 this summer in freshwater swimming holes and lake beaches. Supposedly, from what I've read about that scoop, it's great for gravelly bottomed streams and other hard to dig places.

The link you are sending about that sand scoop is not from a paid sponsor. I appreciate it if you stop posting the link. Thank you.

Each one has it strong points.
The first one with the candy cane handle is a 7” Stealth scoop, the heaviest in weight and is the one I use the most. Good all around in sand/crushed shell/clay/oysters.
The middle one is a 9” Stealth scoop and has the largest scoop and I only use it in crushed shell as it will scoop a heavy load.
The one on right is a Nuttall scoop. I only use it in heavy shell or oyster shell. Cuts right through.