Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tell us how long you been Metal Detecting

Yup. Truly miss those days.
You could literally put a shovel in the ground anywhere people have been and pull a handful of silver.
Silver everywhere for sure. Loved the coastal storms it was nuts when silver was about $20 to $30 per dollar worth in the early eighties. I know some people who cashed in big time, those guys had more experience than me. I myself didnt do to bad . The good ole days.

54 started in 69 bfo when I was 14 lol boy where did the time go . sube
We are about the same age. I found my first relic in 1969 at 13 years of age, a piece of a CW Hotchkiss artillery shell frag. This was found with my first metal detector, a WW II surplus mine sweeper that I had gotten for Christmas. I believe the mine sweeper weighed more than I did.

We are about the same age. I found my first relic in 1969 at 13 years of age, a piece of a CW Hotchkiss artillery shell frag. This was found with my first metal detector, a WW II surplus mine sweeper that I had gotten for Christmas. I believe the mine sweeper weighed more than I did.
The BFO I bought was out of a comic book had to deliver a lot of newspapers to buy it (THAT WAS A FORTUNE TO ME BACK THEN) anyhow I took care of it in my bicycle spokes then bought a whites tr then in 74 bought a whites supreme 5 first GEB detector released to the public . Then many others . How was the depth on that monster I can just see you swinging it now attracting a crowd lol . sube

I started early 70s and got a few used detectors, BFOs, TR, Tr Disc. etc.
Later bought my 1st new in box detector, a 6000/Di Pro and headphones & that changed everything - going detecting after work, home late for dinner was a normal day.
Then due to medical reason some years ago it was all over but now recovering I'm easing back into it - Just went a few days ago (been years) just to pluck a few targets.
Now I need to add better knee pads, back brace & leg pouch and get back out again weather permitting.
Shocked White's & Tesoro are no more & all the new detectors on available.
I've Whites, Tesoro, Fischer, Minelab mainly. I kind of want a new detector but but but..........

The BFO I bought was out of a comic book had to deliver a lot of newspapers to buy it (THAT WAS A FORTUNE TO ME BACK THEN) anyhow I took care of it in my bicycle spokes then bought a whites tr then in 74 bought a whites supreme 5 first GEB detector released to the public . Then many others . How was the depth on that monster I can just see you swinging it now attracting a crowd lol . sube
It was a beast. The shaft was a long wooden pole and the battery was slung across the shoulder that was housed in a heavy canvas case.

Started with a Whites of some kind in Albany, Ga. It was June, 1974. Bought it from Mr. Cook at Cooks Appliance Repairs. He even took me out to an old baseball field to show me how to work it. I just turned 87 and am still detecting. Went out yesterday to an old demolished home site here o the farm. I dug some fabulous--------well, I call it trash. I've gone from a Deus 2 and an Equinox 900 to a 540 and a Simplex Ultra. My brain says simpler = more fun. Sometime my brain plays tricks on me. Over 50 detectors. Heck, and I was expecting to get rich!

Started in the spring of '74 with a DIY kit from Radio Shack. From then on, using various other detector manuf. throughout the years. Settled on White's. As long as my health holds up, I'll continue to detect.

TC-NM