Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tell us how long you been Metal Detecting

Started in 1973 with a Getco and soon bought a Coinmaster 3 I believe it was as it was a all metal detector so I learned to listen to everything metal. At that time I did find some nice gold rings as there was no disc and that has helped me to do very well. First place was a very old park that was told it was worked out and still go there yet when I can and where I got most seated coins and also 2 very nice barber halfs. Got 2 barber dime a 1894 and a 1895 O dimes that were very nice condition to pay for more detectors. I got a 1875 H Canada dime that was a good one, so this hobby has done great for me.

Rick

37 years for me. Brother and I Started off renting a detector to see if I liked it. After he found (I dug it up) a fully intact Schenkle shell, that's all it took! Got a discount on a Nautilus detector and that was the start of my relic hunting career!

Bought my first detector in June of 1974 (49 years ago) from Cooks Appliance Repair in Albany, Georgia. It was a Whites but cannot remember the model. I've had over 50 detectors since then. Always looking for something better. I found a lot but wasted a lot of money.

Bought my first detector in June of 1974 (49 years ago) from Cooks Appliance Repair in Albany, Georgia. It was a Whites but cannot remember the model. I've had over 50 detectors since then. Always looking for something better. I found a lot but wasted a lot of money.
WW... your last sentence says it all and couldn't be more truthful... Certainly my case for sure.

Started trying to detect in 1973 at the age of 25, and my age now is 75. Still swing a E-Trac and if I can keep it running it will be my last. Lots of good interesting times.

Help for chasia that would be 61 years of detecting, NICE, sorry I can't help with getting up from the ground. LOL

Ron in WV

My first time detecting was in 76 at age 10 . My cousin had a radio shack brand detector. Found lots and lots of pop tops and some coins. Then I didnt detect until I was about 24 . Been at it ever since. I love getting out in the woods and doing old colonial homesteads. Using Equinox 800 now.

55 Years , Started Hunting Father at Age of 6 in 1969. Dug Tones Relics up in V.A. I just Laugh in today hobby when today's hunters. Bitch about machines weight, Disc and other useless options. Todays, Hunters would last one day digging in Old Days!!!!!!!!!!!.

Attachments

• fiscer m-scopeVintage-Fisher-M-Scope-T-20-Metal-Detector-Untested-Free.jpg
    fiscer m-scopeVintage-Fisher-M-Scope-T-20-Metal-Detector-Untested-Free.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 69
I guess I am considered a newbie after seeing how long others have been in this hobby, but I have been at is since 2006.
A co worker was talking about getting a metal detector and that sparked my interest in trying.
It has been a very enjoyable hobby and I have found many things I never dreamed of finding.
Like another poster mentioned, I wish I had started when I was much younger.
When I was about 8, we moved to a house in town and I actually found a civil war bullet just playing in the dirt…. Did not realize until I got into the hobby that all that area was an encampment during the Civil War… now all I can do is imagine what else was in that yard!!

I guess I am considered a newbie after seeing how long others have been in this hobby, but I have been at is since 2006.
A co worker was talking about getting a metal detector and that sparked my interest in trying.
It has been a very enjoyable hobby and I have found many things I never dreamed of finding.
Like another poster mentioned, I wish I had started when I was much younger.
When I was about 8, we moved to a house in town and I actually found a civil war bullet just playing in the dirt…. Did not realize until I got into the hobby that all that area was an encampment during the Civil War… now all I can do is imagine what else was in that yard!!
Ever tried going back and ask permission ?