Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Company Don't Answer Emails???????

jimmyjiver

[size=large][/size] Hi All,, Does The Tesoro Company Ever Answer Any Ones Emails?? I Had Some Very Important Questions To Ask Them About My First And NOW Probably My Last Tesoro Metal Detector!! I Believe In This Day And Age There Is No Excuse For A No Reply Back.. I Also Own Several Garrett And Fisher Metal Detectors Etc... I Have Emailed The Garrett Company Several Times And I Have ALWAYS Gotten A Real Quick Reply Back From Them. Not To Mention They Have Always Answered All Of My Questions!! The Fisher Company Also Replies Back They Are Just A Little Slower In Replying. Sure I Know I Could Call Them But When I Write I Can At Least Sit And Think About What I Really Want To Ask Or Say And Not Do It In A Heated Rush!! If Other Companies Are Responsible And Courteous Enough To Respond Why Don't The Tesoro Company Respond???? I Apologize For Whining But I Had To Let Off Some Steam About This Issue., Has Any One Else Experienced This Unnecessary Neglect???........Thanks...JJ

Try a phone contact. They have had some oddity with the email system for quite some time. Also look a little lower down as a post/replies were recently discussed on this subject.

Hi, The Other Post Was About Logging On To The Tesoro Web Site!! I Don't Want To Hijack A Post.. Their Email Answering System Must Have Been Down For About Three Months Now! In This Day And Age I Could Of Been To The Moon And Back Took A Round Trip Around The World Come Home Eat Supper And I Still Would Be Sitting Waiting For A Reply .... I Explained In My Post Why I'm Not Calling...Thanks For The Suggestion Though.....JJ

Never had a problem with a Tesoro product. I can assure you that if your Tesoro is under warranty - the Giffords will take care of it. I just talked with Vince Gifford the other day - to order a coil nut and bolt. I could not believe that one of the owners of Tesoro answered the phone! I told Vince Gifford that I was not the original owner of my detector - he said he would take care of the cost for those parts. I sure hope you get your problem resolved - I would just make the telephone call.

Bulletman

Hi, Thanks For The Reply.....If You Talk To Vince Again Would You Ask Him Why He Don't Answer Emails? Obviously Their Phone Is Working They Should Have At Least An Internet Dial-Up Connection..Thanks JJ

Seriously.

Was a time when there was no such thing as email. I remember those days. Kinda miss those days actually.

These days not everyone has the ability to answer every email they get especially if it's a small company that is probably swamped with spam.

If you can't get them by email then call them! Or send them a letter.

Heck, at some point somebody will be b*tching that that their instant message wasn't returned quickly enough!

I'm hearing some serious WAHHHHHHHH! in your post that probably shouldn't be there.

Hi, Your Not Hearing Some Serious WAHHHHHHHH! In My Post .You Are Basically Hearing And Seeing What You Want To!!! Instead Of Hearing And Seeing. Someone That Spent Almost $1000.00 On Detectors And Asking Other People Nicely Why A Company Has A Spot To Email Them And They Don't Respond. I'm Asking Them If They Ever Get A Response..Oh By The Way I Do Remember When You Could Only Order A Metal Detector By Catalog Around Here. It's 2009 And I Bought My Detectors On Line I Guess I Will Have To Wait A Few Years Until They Perfect Email Before I Get Answers.....Hey Man I'm Sorry If I Offended You That Was Not My Intentions...Thanks JJ

Have you considered asking what you need to know about your detector here????? I just recently purchased a Vaquero and I have learned a lot about it here reading these forums.You just might be able to get your answers on this forum.....Mark

I've had great customer service from Tesoro, including email responses.

This guy is ranting and throwing a tantrum.

I think the best option now is to ignore him and maybe he'll settle down.

Macaco......Why Don't You Practice What You Preach... You Can't Even Answer Normally You Come In Here And Call Me Names Etc..Go Bother Someone Else.... The guy is a drama queen. This guy is ranting and throwing a tantrum I'm hearing some serious WAHHHHHHHH! in your post that probably shouldn't be there.

I tried to get onto their website yesterday and could not. My last emails to them were unanswered. Yes, I believe I could contact them via phone.
I would be honored to assume the webmaster job. Just got my shadowx2 back from R&R, service excellent as usual.

Hey I just sent my machine in for service and had no problems contacting them and they replied quickly they even sent me a tracking number when I requested it. This is the email address that I used to contact them support@tesoro.com Im sure they will get back to you quick there.

Hi, Thanks I Tried That Address Not To Mention My Other Friends Have Too..We Have No Luck.....It's No Biggy I Was Just Wondering Why They Don't Respond But Other Companies I Email Do..Thanks JJ

I have not had good response from the email to the company but I sure do appreciate the phone conversations. The machines I recently purchased work fine and the service is great, but then I have been frustrated in the past with the no respose so I just pick up the phone and Wallla, I get a real body talking.

Gary

Jimmy - I understand your frustration.

I honestly don't know what the email problem is with Tesoro. Numerous others have said the same thing so obviously there is an issue.

What I do know is that the email response problem is the only negative thing I've heard about Tesoro's customer service.

When I bought a used Deleon and had a problem with it I was upfront with Tesoro and told them that I had bought it used.

It didn't matter they still fixed it free although their lifetime warranty is technically only for the original owner.

They are the ONLY company with a lifetime warranty. And to make it even better their unofficial policy is if they made it they will fix it for free. Forever. First owner or tenth owner, it doesn't matter. That's no doubt part of the reason why Tesoros have the best resale value in the industry.

When my issue wasn't resolved and I had to send it in a second time James Gifford called me to explain what they did the second time (tweaked the preset GB pot to the dirt in my area) and was quite cordial about answering all the other questions I came up with. My Deleon has worked great ever since.

I'm sure just about everybody who has ever had a Tesoro detector problem can attest to their great customer service.

Instead of getting yourself all upset why don't you just call them? If you're worried about being in a "heated rush" talking on the phone just jot down what you want to discuss before you call.

I'll bet if you ask to talk to James or Vince Gifford or their tech legend Rusty Henry that they will get on the phone or call you back in short order.

I know there's other fine manufacturers of detectors, but my bet is that Tesoro is the only detector company that you can call where the owner cares enough to get on the phone with you personally.

I hope you don't give up on :tesoro:, they really are a great company!

There are too many positives about this company to dog them about emails? Spoken with Vince several times on the phone, always more than happy to help. If you have problems getting your thoughts out over the phone write them down first then call, just my humble suggestion.

Hey JJ..I hear ya....I bought a Vaquero a year ago.E-mailed them 3 times on ?s about my machine..And I have received absolutly nothing...This e-mail thing has been going on for a long time.I tried 6 months ago the first time.So guess what...I called them.The person I talked to really couldnt tell me what the solution was for my problems.I asked him if anyone else has had these issues.And he said no..I kinda chuckled to myself at that point.We shouldnt have to call...Dont have an e-mail address if your not going to answer it....JJ wanted a simple answer to a simple question..Instead he gets macaco who should mind his own bizzzzzzz.Now you can go on and say how great Tesoro is and how they treated you.Well thats just wonderful.....But we are just simply speaking the truth.I'm not hear bashing tesoro..But if I called Garrett.I know I would get an answer..I dont give a rats a** how big or small your company is....

silverskidmarks said:
Hey JJ..I hear ya....I bought a Vaquero a year ago.E-mailed them 3 times on ?s about my machine..And I have received absolutly nothing...This e-mail thing has been going on for a long time.I tried 6 months ago the first time.So guess what...I called them.The person I talked to really couldnt tell me what the solution was for my problems.I asked him if anyone else has had these issues.And he said no..I kinda chuckled to myself at that point.We shouldnt have to call...Dont have an e-mail address if your not going to answer it....JJ wanted a simple answer to a simple question..Instead he gets macaco who should mind his own bizzzzzzz.Now you can go on and say how great Tesoro is and how they treated you.Well thats just wonderful.....But we are just simply speaking the truth.I'm not hear bashing tesoro..But if I called Garrett.I know I would get an answer..I dont give a rats a** how big or small your company is....

I believe you are speaking the truth from your perspective

I'm certainly speaking the truth when I say that Tesoro treated me very well and except for the email issue the vast majority of people who have dealt with them say their service is excellent.

I'm curious what problems you were having that made the person you talked to at Tesoro tell you there was no solution and nobody else had the same problems?

Is it possible you have a defective unit and it needs to be sent in for repair?

I have had the same email response (none) as others, but I like doing business on the telephone anyway and Tesoro has always been fast, courteous, friendly and absolutely has the best service. Bill in Texas