Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Company Updates ???

chuck said:
You would think that they would sell the company instead of just closing it up.

There are just too many detector makers. They would be better off merging with Whites or Garrett. Kind of like what Nokta- Makro did.

Tesoro is a different type of detector with a large following and should be a good fit for First Texas

chuck said:
You would think that they would sell the company instead of just closing it up.
I don't think any business owner wants to go under. Everyone wants to walk away with something. The time to sell is before the books turn RED!

First Texas has more detector models than they can keep track of already. Lol!

Seriously - the Tesoro line is a slow seller - that’s how they ended up where they are.

I,ve never used a Tesoro but I know a lot of people that do. It they were doing so bad why did they start offering a life time warrenty. It seems like that would cut out future sales.

lytle78 said:
First Texas has more detector models than they can keep track of already. Lol!

Seriously - the Tesoro line is a slow seller - that’s how they ended up where they are.

How they ended up as they are was bad management. People still buy there detectors including a big over seas mkt. Heck, I alone have bought 3 Tesoro's the past year and am thinking about another.

As long as dealers still have machines for sale I seriously doubt that there will be any OFFICIAL word on the status of the company.

chuck said:
I,ve never used a Tesoro but I know a lot of people that do. It they were doing so bad why did they start offering a life time warrenty. It seems like that would cut out future sales.

I know of one person who ran over their Tesoro with their car. Really did a job on it and Tesoro repaired it free of charge. That was a long time ago but it is no way to make profit.

Tesoro has had the lifetime warranty since they started. Many people took abvantage of them for regular tune-ups and other BS warranty repairs :(
I'm sure the suggestion has been made but if it were me I would offer part ownership to some good electrical engineer
types to burn the midnight oil and return Tesoro to a profitable venture.
Anything is possible!

Geo

To get a company like Tesoro back on track you need to convince people that beep and dig detectors are the way to go and it just isn't going to happen.I'm over in England and i know just how effective these machines can be on our ancient sites but it is near on impossible to find anybody using them.
The reason they are struggling is because they have stuck to their guns on producing simple no nonsense detectors that have great performance........in this day and age where the marketing men brainwash us with fancy claims,this just isn't going to cut it.
Somebody mentioned bad management.......this could be a correct in the fact that Tesoro haven't gone with the times and haven't produced a more modern high tech machine to please the technophobes who just have to have screens,depth meters and programs etc.
The bottom line is this.....Tesoro detectors can compete with anything on the market in overall performance but they just aren't "trendy" enough to compete as far as sales are concerned.

Marketing and demographics.

In today's world, anyone 30 and under, to operate a gadget of some sorts, that gadget needs a screen on it.

If it doesn't have a screen, they are totally confused.

It's funny and may sound stupid, but the more complicated the gadget is these days, for that demographic, the gadget is simpler ! That demographic is used to figuring out these intuitive gadgets and all it's features. Cell phones the perfect example. I am still waiting on the cell phone app where a company will just sell the app and the coils that interface with it. Up to the buyer to buy a shaft assembly and wireless headphones on their own. Its coming...I know it. It will be the easiest way to sell a detector to the new demographic market.

Marketers love to advertise and push for the complexity, advanced technology and thousands of features. Can't blame them though. They need to be ahead of the times in order to sell the product. Check out the car commercials these days. First thing they show is the interior, the big screen TV on the dash and the myriad of options. Whats under the hood is secondary.

Knobs....I don't think they can even spell the word !

Tough decision..let's see, do I want to play video slots or go metal detecting on my phone today, I wish Apple would put out some new park hunting apps. I've hunted em all at least twice and I've also found pretty much every relic they've got on the battlefield apps and my finds photo album in "my photos" is starting to repeat DANG!! this is wearin me out, I need a new couch!!! and besides...I hate this catheter!!!!! had to get up twice today! Don't they make bigger bags??

Hey Grandma!! how bout another Grape soda???