Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Company Updates ???

Well, what’s the lastest news from Tesoro?

Whether or not they have a buyer, restructuring or just shutting the doors.

Have not heard anything Pro about Tesoro lately. I wish one of the Giffords would make a post upon this forum. They certainly would have my support no matter what happens down the road. However, there are wolves out there who would like to see this wonderful company gone, for what reason I don't know? I have seen a lot of great companies go in the past 30 years. Mostly due to competing against foreign production. It's hard to find a work force with technical skills to build circuit boards, especially when the Chinese can produce the same product for virtually nothing. Fisher was once a great company produced in Los Banos, California. Then, they moved their production to China for a little while before finally selling to Bounty Hunter. I believe most of their products are made here, perhaps, not all components such as circuit boards are made here. Maybe, assembled here might be the relative term to use. Still use the Fishers, both Los Banos, and El Paso models. Think I have one Chinese model too? Would like to add a Fisher Goldbug 2 to my collection. As for Tesoro, some of their models could become quite rare in a short amount of time, if they close their doors. Already, I see fewer and fewer for sale upon the forums.

Bulletman

Shalom

No first Texas products – bounty Hunter, Fisher, Technetics are made in China with the exception of part of the bounty Hunter Junior production and also one other very inexpensive low selling model. All the rest are produced in El Paso Texas of US and importanted parts

lytle78 said:
No first Texas products – bounty Hunter, Fisher, Technetics are made in China with the exception of part of the bounty Hunter Junior production and also one other very inexpensive low selling model. All the rest are produced in El Paso Texas of US and importanted parts

It says Made in USA on the Fisher F22 and F44 boxes.

B’man. More likely they will stop the already small production of the two models in China. With the new tariffs, their cost goes up and it may make more sense to pull that product back as well.

All tariffs are a tax on the buyers, not the importers or producers. We put a tariff on steel. Now US steel using companies pay the highest steel prices in the world. Soon those costs will hit the sales price of their products and you and I will be paying a new “tax” to the US Government.

Sharing this from a Facebook group posted today 2/1/2019

Just to keep everyone updated: I just got off the phone with vince. So as of today, they are still open and working on machines. He did indicate that there is a pretty sizable backlog on both machines to be worked on and those repaired and ready to be sent out. He is working on both in order of date received. Sounds like my silver is one of the next in line to be shipped out so I'm crossing my fingers. A little more than two months turnaround is what I had heard from some folks when I sent mine in and looks like that's about what it's going to wind up being for my experience as well.

Thanks for sharing the info!

You wouldn’t think from the picture their going under.

Hope they can get the company back on track....

Aaron

I've called a number of times for the last month. No answer.....left message.... No returned phone calls. I would say they are all done.

Has it been officially reported that Tesoro is no longer in business? If so, please post a link.

Thanks,
Geo

The website was up yesterday.

Hard to say what is going on.

If it is the end, I will be incredibly sad.

They made some great detectors.

Hello Miser67, a guy on the Tesoro Facebook page said he had just received his detector back from Tesoro after a little more than 2 months. And Tesoro is still paying for return shipping! Who else does that?

gwsears said:
Has it been officially reported that Tesoro is no longer in business? If so, please post a link.

Thanks,
Geo
On treasurenet rock22 said he talked to Rusty. He said tesoro was done. I would think Rusty would know.

Snap On Man said:

Thanks,
Geo On treasurenet rock22 said he talked to Rusty. He said tesoro was done. I would think Rusty would know.

Pretty sure Rusty knows every detail of what’s going on but it hasn’t been made official, someone is doing warranty repairs.

Rusty would do well to open a Tesoro repair shop and train the techs... Not saying he needs to go back to work but he would be a perfect
as a repair shop owner/manager.

GeoW