Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro factory

ken ward

Hi All... I just got off the phone from Tesoro. Talked to Vince. I wanted to order a couple things before they go belly up.. Vince told me : They were thinking about a restructure.. Now there are some people interested in taking over. He would not give me any names. Now they are waiting for more answers from the other people.
Let us hope someone will help keep Tesoro alive.. For me,, I hope so. . I am a Tesoro die hard.. KEN

Lets hope that Tesoro does not suffer the same fate as amateur radio manufacture TEN TEC or Twinkies. Where a group comes in & sells everything ,makes a bunch of money, then shuts down. Some people do that . Just for money.
Matt KD3VJ

ken ward said:
Hi All... I just got off the phone from Tesoro. Talked to Vince. I wanted to order a couple things before they go belly up.. Vince told me : They were thinking about a restructure.. Now there are some people interested in taking over. He would not give me any names. Now they are waiting for more answers from the other people.
Let us hope someone will help keep Tesoro alive.. For me,, I hope so. . I am a Tesoro die hard.. KEN

Thanks Ken , I hope they do to .

I hope so too. I love My Golden uMax. Some of the Newbs just don't get the Love We have for good Ole' analogs.
I think some updates on a I.D. machine with Tone I.D. would Be enough to keep them a float. As they have a Loyal following.

I too hope Tesoro manages to survive in some form. I'm grateful to them for rekindling my enthusiasm for the hobby. I have had more fun in the past year with my Tesoros than I did in the previous four years using a high-priced machine from an Australian manufacturer who shall remain nameless :)

-Ken

There are two people who have purchased new tesoros because of my recommendation . I hate to tell them that the warranty is now useless . They trusted me .

hatpin said:
There are two people who have purchased new tesoros because of my recommendation . I hate to tell them that the warranty is now useless . They trusted me .

You didn't void the warranties , if they have indeed been voided it's Tesoro's doing not yours . All you did was try have them share the happiness you have with your Tesoros . Not Guilty !

kittlitz said:
I too hope Tesoro manages to survive in some form. I'm grateful to them for rekindling my enthusiasm for the hobby. I have had more fun in the past year with my Tesoros than I did in the previous four years using a high-priced machine from an Australian manufacturer who shall remain nameless :)

-Ken

Do you mean the one who moved to Malaysia ?

dirt doctor said:
Do you mean the one who moved to Malaysia ?

That sounds like the one :). To be clear, I had no problems with the build quality of the machine... it just taught me that having a lot of "information" about a target isn't always good. I cherry-picked way too much with that thing.

-Ken

I know people are worried about the lifetime warranty. Why worry. Is your Tesoro broke. Many years ago a bought a new Amego. I used the scrap out of that thing. I still have it . sometimes I get it back out. That thing is old. It has never seen a work bench. In fact, none of my Tesoros have ever seen a work bench. So why worry about a warranty. KEN

Right now everybodies warranties are still valid.....unless i have missed something? They have not went under.....Think we are getting the cart ahead of the horse here. Lets just see what happens before we all freak out....

There was a fella on a Facebook group that just got his Sand Shark back from repairs. The warranty is still good.

The Tesoros are bullet proof, if something goes wrong down the road , it's normally a striped out turn pot or pinched coil cable. Love the analog sound

dirthunter said:
The warranty is still being honored!!

All hypothetical of course,if the warranty is still being honoured then who repairs the detectors when the whole work force was laid off ??

I contacted Kellyco and they said that they(Tesoro) are still open for repairs and distributions! They have laid off the factory staff and that they have done this a couple of times before. At least that's what they said. Beyond that I don't know.

......if they were still in business and with all this going on, you'd think Tesoro would say something on their website to squash any fears.....Hope things work out positive for them......and Kco is not going to say anything different to lose a sale...

Mega said:

All hypothetical of course,if the warranty is still being honoured then who repairs the detectors when the whole work force was laid off ??

Possibly Vince and the research +development team . Unless they are subcontracting to Santa's helpers .

dirt doctor said:

Possibly Vince and the research +development team . Unless they are subcontracting to Santa's helpers .

Right..