Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro factory

Relax people ! :buds: As Ken said at the top of this thread (Paraphrasing) "Vince told me they were thinking about a restructure and there are some people interested in taking over. Now they are waiting for more answers from the other people."

So let's focus on the positive side for now.

ToddB64

When a business lays off the entire workforce with no notice, you don't have to be psychic to read the tea leaves. At that point, what the person in charge says carries no weight. Platitudes about restructuring and the like are de rigueur. What the big box detector place says has no credibility either. They no doubt have Tesoro inventory they still need to sell so they put on the best face to keep values up as much as possible.

Tesoro may have laid off production before, but not the entire workforce. Big difference.

Rose colored glasses aren't going to change what seems inevitable. This probably would have happened last year if not for the unexpected success of the Mojave.

I don't enjoy saying it, I'm a Tesoro fan. A Tesoro outfitted with a small coil in heavy iron is a formidable detector, and their customer service was excellent. But Tesoro as we know it is over. :goodnight:

Well, I guess I am going to find out if warranty is still valid as my 5.75 coil quit working yesterday....it is about a year old. I will try to call Tesoro tomorrow....

Called Tesoro this afternoon. Frank Gifford answered on second ring. Told him about my broken coil, he said, box it up and send it in....they will repair it. Think everyone is freaking over nothing.

I really don't think you'd want Frank Gifford repairing your coil, even if he was still alive. Maybe Kathie Lee could help...:rofl:

lol.....I mean Vince Gifford....dont know why i said Frank.

Diggerinva said:
lol.....I mean Vince Gifford....dont know why i said Frank.
\\

You were thinking Football LOL

Any opinion on what this might do to the sellability of previously owned units? I have a 2008 Tiger Shark that I just put a new oring on because it sat for almost a year, and I’ve been on the fence about selling of keeping it. It’s a phenomenal machine in the salt, but just lacks a display for working non sand environments. Unlike diehard detectorists, I don’t dig all signals, which is why I have other machines.

I tend to think it will not be good for aftermarket prices over time.

I think it is incorrect to say that Tesoros are "beep and dig" detectors and you dig everything. I have never done that, and I would go so far as to say that I get more info out of a Tesoro tone with Tesoro discrimination than I can from a more or less binary screen or digital tone.

I like the modern machines but I think a good Tesoro works just as well. But you have to really be working, listening carefully. I don't always feel like working that hard.

Potential buyers assuming that Tesoros are just "beep and dig" machines is ultimately what has sunk the Tesoro company IMO.

A retirement, Jack, big box warehouse sales, failure to keep up with latest technology, (not sure that's really that bad), and time
spent in bed with Larry Cissna..Tesoro didn't stand a chance.

Have nothing but good things to say about certain Tesoro employees. Rusty one of the best and I wish them the best of luck.

The Tesoro name still has value for someone with the dedication of Jack Gifford.

GeoW

Tesoro's Technology is and always will be my personal favorite, and I will never consider it outdated or lacking. There are plenty of the "state of the art" high dollar metal detectors for sale on auction sites that are next to new; that are produced by Tesoro's competitors. I own a couple of different brands, and have tried many other detectors, and love the ones that work for me; and I guess its a matter of what I require for my needs; and my Tesoro's never let me down, or fail to perform in a given environment. :tesoro::usaflag:

Carlos

Mega said:
The warranty is still being honored!!

All hypothetical of course,if the warranty is still being honoured then who repairs the detectors when the whole work force was laid off ??
That is a very good question.

keppy said:
The warranty is still being honored!!

All hypothetical of course,if the warranty is still being honoured then who repairs the detectors when the whole work force was laid off ??That is a very good question.

It has been reported in many posts on this and several other forums they did not play off the entire work force but they did lay off the workers on the factory floor...the ones that manufacture and assemble new products.
Repair people are still there, I have no idea who or how many but the repair shop is still open...for now.