Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro no longer in business

Neil

Ive been a bit out if touch with detecting these last years. Could someone tell me what happened to Tesoro? Ive had most of their machines, made alot of great finds with them. Does anyone do repairs on them now in case I was to pick one up again?
Thank you,
Neil

I just recently bought a mint Silver Sabre Umax on ebay but I could not get it to stop falsing. I sent it back to seller and got refunded. I would have gotten it fixed but I've heard East Texas was slow as molasses. Some guys waiting months to get there machine back. I doubt I will ever get another Tesoro.

I just recently bought a mint Silver Sabre Umax on ebay but I could not get it to stop falsing. I sent it back to seller and got refunded. I would have gotten it fixed but I've heard East Texas was slow as molasses. Some guys waiting months to get there machine back. I doubt I will ever get another Tesoro.
Yes I had contacted them about some repairs on a fisher CZ . I left my phone number and email address. Said they would contact me. They said they were 3 months out. Haven’t heard back from them.

I've heard exactly the same thing (from several people).----That's what keeps me from getting another Tesoro.----Also, I asked a (reputable) dealer---"Where do you get a Tesoro repaired if needed"------his answer-----"You don't!"

I've heard exactly the same thing (from several people).----That's what keeps me from getting another Tesoro.----Also, I asked a (reputable) dealer---"Where do you get a Tesoro repaired if needed"------his answer-----"You don't!"
Just my 2 bits.... As long as I don't get In too deep... money wise... I'm buying... I have 5 Tesoro detectors... The most expensive cost me 300.00... And I've used the PeePee out of these machines... If any of em quit working... and I can't fix it... wall hanger or junk shelf it is...

LOL Hey Del. You’re kidding right? I have several Tesoro that are Like the Energizer Bunny they just keep on ticking. Stay Cool over there on the east side. HH Don😜

LOL Hey Del. You’re kidding right? I have several Tesoro that are Like the Energizer Bunny they just keep on ticking. Stay Cool over there on the east side. HH Don😜
Yeah----That Bunny may run out of ticks on you sometime.----You might end up with a door stop.-----It would be fine if there was someone to repair them if needed---that's all I'm saying.-----They are great little detectors--I always have liked them.----It's really a shame that Tesoro went out of business.

Most likely the ground balance pot was set way too negative. Silver Sabre is a grab and go fixed ground balance detector and if the gb is set too negatively on a fixed gb unit it will cause excess falsing. Had the same issue when I got a Tesoro Deleon years ago.

It's almost silly to worry about lack of or slow repairs. Their cost is low, chance they'll need repaired is low (some simple enough you could do them yourself) and if they crap-out then you can sell them 'for repair' or part them out.
All new detectors lose value right after you pull them off the lot, those past their warranty will cost 30-50%(?) of their original cost to be repaired (especially with shipping cost) and I find digital items less reliable than analog.
Get what brings enjoyment to your hobby.

It's almost silly to worry about lack of or slow repairs. Their cost is low, chance they'll need repaired is low (some simple enough you could do them yourself) and if they crap-out then you can sell them 'for repair' or part them out.
All new detectors lose value right after you pull them off the lot, those past their warranty will cost 30-50%(?) of their original cost to be repaired (especially with shipping cost) and I find digital items less reliable than analog.
Get what brings enjoyment to your hobby.
I get your point but its not silly. Financially not everyone is in the same boat.

I was sorry to hear of Tesoro shutting down too.
I have bought and sold several of them over the years and still have two models that I plan to keep.. the Vaquero and Sand Shark… both were bought new.
I have made good finds with both, but with the Sand Shark, I have found enough gold items to cover the cost of both detectors with some left over.
So far both are running fine and have not had any issues.

I've bought 2 new Tesoro's over the years and was about to buy a Vaquero or Mohave when the lights went out. The Tesoro machines are very good and light weight but knob twisting is lost on people anymore. If i find a used µmax I'd buy it just for a behind the seat unit, they're about the quickest turn on and go detector I've ever used.

I'm pretty sure my Tesoros have paid themselves off. I recently purchased an old style Bandido 2 with no reservations for about $100. I bet I get my money's worth out of it too.

I did send in an old Stingray in for repair. The coil leaked. If it happens again, I can replace it myself, I just can't test it for 200' of water pressure like Tesoro did. Most problems are potentiometers needing cleaning, broken switches, wires, and coils, and internal "adjustments" made by previous users. Most of these thing I can fix by myself. And if I find a Bandido 2 micromax, Golden Saber micromax, or Pantera for the right price, I will undoubtedly have one more in my collection.

I'm pretty sure my Tesoros have paid themselves off. I recently purchased an old style Bandido 2 with no reservations for about $100. I bet I get my money's worth out of it too.

I did send in an old Stingray in for repair. The coil leaked. If it happens again, I can replace it myself, I just can't test it for 200' of water pressure like Tesoro did. Most problems are potentiometers needing cleaning, broken switches, wires, and coils, and internal "adjustments" made by previous users. Most of these thing I can fix by myself. And if I find a Bandido 2 micromax, Golden Saber micromax, or Pantera for the right price, I will undoubtedly have one more in my collection.
Two of my favorites are the Silver Sabre 2. Did alot of wading with that one. The other is the Eldorado Umax...super for kiddie lots or similar places.....great on charms and the like. One I never tried but wanted to is the Lobo Supertrac.

I bought the Mojave when Tesoro was still in business. It's the Best machine in nails I've ever used. Wish I had bought them sooner in my life.
Since then I've bought a very nice used Compadre.
Though it seems someone tweaked it and it's to sensitive. Should run similar to the Mojave or better in tot lots. Wish I knew how to tune it. ???
I've also picked up a new Tejon in the last year.
Still learning that one.
Yes I to am concerned of them breaking.
I'll just have to cross that bridge when it comes.
Absolutely Love Tesoros.
Wish someone would pick them up like Garrett did with Whites.

I bought the Mojave when Tesoro was still in business. It's the Best machine in nails I've ever used. Wish I had bought them sooner in my life.
Since then I've bought a very nice used Compadre.
Though it seems someone tweaked it and it's to sensitive. Should run similar to the Mojave or better in tot lots. Wish I knew how to tune it. ???
I've also picked up a new Tejon in the last year.
Still learning that one.
Yes I to am concerned of them breaking.
I'll just have to cross that bridge when it comes.
Absolutely Love Tesoros.
Wish someone would pick them up like Garrett did with Whites
I too have Mojave that my wife uses when we do any competition hunting , normal hunting she uses her MXT. I have 3 Compadre I gave my Grand children and I too like the Compadre when I was selling them as they were very good and recomended them to people starting out and if they like it and wanted to upgrade I would give them back what they paid on trade in, never had one bring one back, but sold a few of my other detectors as they wanted to keep the Compadre . I use a Tejon for a while myself and was impressed with it and only had 1 Tesoro I had to send back for repair.
Most people like the bells and whistles as they like the PROBABLE ID which many that detect knows it is not real accruate , but does help. I remember reading some of the best finds were found with the Compadre as you learn what a good target and trash sound like.
The 2 no meter detectors I really like was the Tejon and my Shadow X5 which I still have the X5 and comparing them they both pull lot of coins some of the target ID detectors.

Rick

I too have Mojave that my wife uses when we do any competition hunting , normal hunting she uses her MXT. I have 3 Compadre I gave my Grand children and I too like the Compadre when I was selling them as they were very good and recomended them to people starting out and if they like it and wanted to upgrade I would give them back what they paid on trade in, never had one bring one back, but sold a few of my other detectors as they wanted to keep the Compadre . I use a Tejon for a while myself and was impressed with it and only had 1 Tesoro I had to send back for repair.
Most people like the bells and whistles as they like the PROBABLE ID which many that detect knows it is not real accruate , but does help. I remember reading some of the best finds were found with the Compadre as you learn what a good target and trash sound like.
The 2 no meter detectors I really like was the Tejon and my Shadow X5 which I still have the X5 and comparing them they both pull lot of coins some of the target ID detectors.

Rick
Do you know how to tune the Compadre ?
At least what pot is which.
Love that Mojave. Wish I had a spare.