Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Tejon on Diggfellas

Idxpro

Anyone seen the new Diggfellas show on the Travel Channel? It features a couple of hometown New Englanders Bill Ladd and Howard Hewitt. You guys should check it out. Not silly like that "other" show either. Episode #1 features Howard swinging a Tejon too.

I've seen what I can find on the Internet, but all I have for TV now is an antenna so I can't get that channel.

I thought they did very good on the show knowing they are not professional actors of any sort. I didn't think the show put detecting in a bad light like the others have done.
I also thought that Bill did a surprisingly good job at the narration of the show.

I also know for a fact! that in the making of the show they could use any DETECTOR or brand they wanted to.

I've had a few personal dealings and contacts with Bill and found him to be a great guy.

Bill Ladd was the forum moderator over the classic forum here for years!

I Liked the show!

Check this out, below is a picture of a detector I recently acquired. (That's Bill's signature on the top of the control housing and he also wrote the Digfellas on the arm cuff)

Mark

Sweet! Bill is a super cool guy. Very humble and down to earth. Howard is trip isn't he?

Idxpro said:
Sweet! Bill is a super cool guy. Very humble and down to earth. Howard is trip isn't he?

Yes, Howard is a trip, but he did really good on the show too.

I've chimed in on a couple of topics about the Digfellas show and what got me was some of the replies about how stupid Bills accent was, I guess they thought it was a put on for the show LoL! I posted back that that is just how you folks talk that are True New Englanders! My wife live up there for a few years and when she heard Bill talking she said she knew where he was from and that is just how they talk there. I told one old boy in the topic that was from Texas that I'm pretty sure that his Saddle Accent sounds funny to the New Englanders, its just their accent, I like it myself.

If you do a search on the youtube for "Digfellas" you will see a bunch of stuff come up, but look for the one where they were working on that jeep they used on the show. Bill and some of his friends fixed that old thing up themselves for the show. I thought that was pretty neat.
And another thing about Howard is he really gets excited when he finds something, I think he actually held back some in the shows LoL!

Mark

When I got that detector off him he also sent this with it.

Mark

That is just too cool Mark,

Your Tejon is a signature Gene Scullion and now a 1270 signed by Bill Ladd, that makes two celeb metal detectors that you now own:thumbup:

That's funny Mark, I live in Boston so to me he sounds no different than anyone else around here...lol. I got some slack on my youtube videos too because of my "accent". Go figure too, my video started out with " at a local "park"..haha

Hombre said:
That is just too cool Mark,

Your Tejon is a signature Gene Scullion and now a 1270 signed by Bill Ladd, that makes two celeb metal detectors that you now own:thumbup:

Hey, your right I forgot about that "Gene Scullion" decal on my Tejon.

Mark

Love the show, in my opinion Bill Ladd is the best, and Howard's excitement is hilarious. I'll watch anything related to metal detecting but Bill Ladd is tops in my book. -Jay

fun show oh and.....

image.jpg

I haven't seen the show, I will have to see when it's on. Look forward to watching it even if I can't understand them :poke:. The problem is that when these New Englanders go to school and start learning their ABC's the teacher leaves the R out of the alphabet so it's not their fault the way they talk :rofl:.

I watch the show when it's on, I like it. They don't go crazy when they find something. I'm from Long Island originally and his accent beats mine by a mile. But i do enjoy the show. I also watch diggers., crazy yes, but still a metal detecting show. The others with the teams and boom baby i do not watch.If a show supports metal detecting in a good light ,i watch it.

bill has a great sense of humor, and is fun to watch , nice 12 70 their

I watched a portion of one episode of "Diggers". I had to turn it off as I was about to put my foot thru the screen on my television.

A few days later I was invited by a very friendly lady to come detect their one acre yard. Her Husband nixed the Idea as he stated " I Saw that Show on Television" and "I do not want people like that on my property".

No I do not and will not watch any show on television that has anything to do with Metal detecting as in my opinion they do far more damage than good.

I thought the show was great , they respected the cemetery they had great historical documentation , and who in their right mind would go where they went - they did no harm , the things they found would have been lost more than likely and I learned more in a few shows than i learned in 7 years and they have a great sense of humor bill is not destroying the hobby from what i see he is concerned with history and is doing a good job of declaring it , I am sure if he found something significant he would get the archeology department to dig it in the one episode he was in new orleans on the muddy bank of the river sinking in the muck, and found some historical finds that would have sunk forever and been lost how can you complane about that , Gunnar