Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Web Site

Markmac

Hello to all just wanted to pass on that i see that the Tesoro Web Site is advertising their 30th year anniversary,makes me think or maybe wishfull thinking that maybe we will soon see a new Tesoro machine shortly.Kind of like hold on guys and gals something big is coming.maybe im just wishing but was my first thought when i saw that on the web page the past few days.Any comments are appreciated and hunt long and have fun....Markmac

i would love to see a new machine from tesoro to compete with the other companies high end detectors. i get kinda tired of reading about the f75's and t2's all the time and would like to see tesoro put a machine out that would kick their a$$. guess we will have to wait and see huh?..................roger

If they did make one That had all the best features of there detectors i would bu one in a heart beat. Untill then its the ETrac and am not looking back.

Makes you wonder how many of Tesoros faithfull followers will actually wait for them to bring a new detector out before switching to a competitive brand.I personally feel they have lost sales for this reason only,and hope that they wake up and bring to the market something that will excite those that have been faithfull to them over the years.You look at the job first texas has done lately with the Fisher line and the Teknetics line and it makes you see a company thatson the move with dave johnson andthe others there that are constantly trying to improve the models they offer.it doesnt matter what brand your loyal to,you have to give these guys a tip of the hat for a job well done.This may bring a few negative comments from this forum but in reality they are the ones that have broughtout all the latest models and technology that i see.I still own a Tesoro Royl Sabre and a Garrett Master Hunter 7 ads and im in a possition to get another new detector and would love to have it be another Tesoro,for the warranty is excellent with Rusty henry heading up that department but how far does brand loyalty go if you dont see anything new in the pipeline.being involved in the car business i know that after five or six years a model is outdated and the need for something new is important to keep the family of owners happy and to stay in the pipline of loyal customers.You know all they need to do is let us know something is on the way even if its a few months off it will keep a few of us from buying a tecknetice omega 8000 or a fisher or a new garrett, i just feel Tesoro owesus loyal customers that YES they do have something in the works and that it will be worth waiting for.So Vince or James or even Jack give us some type of news for it us us that have kept you going and alive over the years and You do owe us that much....Markmac

I agree ^^. Tesoro should really try to stay as competitive as possible and give fans something new for a change. Their products are great, but considering the attention that some of the other brands are currently getting, Tesoro might be in danger of slipping through the cracks. I think Garrett is similar in this regard. All of the other brands are trying to bring something new to the table, while Tesoro and Garrett sit back and rest on their laurels.

I disagree about Fisher though. I'm not a big fan of what they are putting out these days.

Hi Mojave i understand how you may not like a certain Fisher brand but i feel you can not take away the popularity that the f2 and f4 and f5 are receiving these days.I also am a Tesoro fan and agree with you on garret as well but those guys in Texas are on a roll with all those newer models and the attention they are receiving.Its just frustrating that we crave a newer model from the other guys tesoro and garrett and with technology these days i dont see why they dont jump back in and prove that they still have the leading products for us to purchase and be proud that were able to say we bought a new state of the art Tesoro or Garrett,i just feel that first texas has what people are wanting right now in the fisher and teknetics line of machines they are current and up to date it seems and not standing back living on past years of prosperity.Im not trying to push those products for i would love to buy and new Tesoro or a new garret but honestly we have not seen anything new from them in some time years actually.Lee Iococca once saud you either lead follow or get out of the Way, think about that statement for a minute lol....thanks for your response it was nice hearing your views and keep them coming...Markmac

Fisher is definitely popular again, but I just don't like the quality of their detectors. From experience, the build quality and stability of their detectors are not where I would need them to be. I've never really had an EMI issue until I tried out the F75 LTD. I also didn't like the discrimination on the detector. Watch the Norfolk Wolf video on Youtube about the F75. It couldn't discriminate out the iron.

Somebody sent me this a while back. Regular F75 at 60 sensitivity.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zJfOtTWj1A[/video]

Yes Mojave i have watched that video before and i agree you have a point on the build quality of the first texas machines but as far as whats inside i think they have the upper edge on the other brands right now.I personally have not used a newer fisher or others from first texas but have read everything ican on the reviews and on this and other forums about them.This is a great hobby im just not sure all the different detector manufactures are playing on the same field.The faithfull followers deserve some news of whats coming or the market share will keep slipping and trust me when you start to lose market share its so hard to get that back...i truly appreciate your wisdom and your remarks,it has been a pleasure discussing our views together and i hope we hear from others out there as to what opinion they have possitive or negative...Markmac

Likewise.

I don't agree that Fisher has the technological edge on the other brands though. At the end of the day, the F75 is just a VLF detector operating at 13khz. Certainly nothing revolutionary about that. It may be cranked up to number 11 as far as gain and sensitivity are concerned, but there's nothing necessarily new about the technology in their detectors. It doesn't even have auto ground tracking capabilities, and this is their flagship detector. Even the old Coin$trike had this feature. You have to constantly adjust for ground conditions.

I think Minelab is still the leader in technology, with Whites a distant second. If and when Minelab creates a detector that combines their current technology with a really fast recovery speed, I don't think anything else will be able to compete.

Thanks Mojave i enjoy your points of view,as far as minelab and whites go i cant comment on them since have never owned one of those brands most of my time has been with Tesoro and Garrett products not dissagreeing with you at all just no experience with those two brands.I will say that i think both Whites and Garrett owe the customers a longer warranty then just two years at least competitve with first texas being 5 years and no one compares to Tesoros life time warranty,that just cant be beat and is one reason us followers of Tesoro are aching to see new models from them.Keep the comments coming everyone maybe they will hear us if we talk loud enough lol...Markmac

Garretts are built solid, but I agree, they really should offer a longer warranty than just 2 years. I think Fisher needs to have a 5 year warranty, with the build quality of some of their detectors.

Can't touch Tesoro's lifetime warranty, that's for sure.

Mojave i do believe that all first texas products bounty hunter, fisher, and teknetics all come with a 5 year warranty. Whites and Garrett i think are still two years and Tesoro is still lifetime which is amazing.Would be nice to see more consistent warranty by the manufactures even if they all went to 5 Years.Tesoro by far has no competition of the warranty but they have much competition on the product line.Yes i still believe they have wonderful metal detectors but as far as upgrading i feel they have fallen back on.Markmac

Having owned a F75 as well as a Tesoro Tiger Shark and now the ETrac from Minelab. I can say there is a big difference in technology. The reason Minelab pulls away from other Mfg isn't in just raw power "Like the F75" but in discrimination. Bottle/screw caps on a F75 read and ID as a Quarter. Memorial/Wheat cents come in as dimes. Like most if not all VLF detectors. They only read the Conductivity of a target. Minelab also reads the Ferrous side. What companies like Tesoro and Fisher etc need to do to get into the game is get away from circuit based boards. Circuit based boards may be able to pick up targets faster but they cant ID better than a Processor based board that Minelab uses. Not to mention 28 frequencies vs 1 or 2.

So what were left with is Processor vs Circuit.

All Tesoro needs to do is come out with a good 4 tone machine. That can be ground balanced, has a pinpoint, Adjustable sensitivity, and have great discrimination with separation. That works ! But even then they would be in the realm of the older Fisher CZ series.

It almost seems to me that Tesoro wants you to have a closet full of there machines. All of them having a different feature. Not one machine that has them all.

In my opinion if Tesoro came out with a machine that incorporated all their best features in such a way as to compete with other companies high end machines you would have a Tesoro only in name. What you would have, in fact, is a knock-off of another brand. Tesoro made its mark by standing on its own, not playing follow the leader.

oldcoon said:
In my opinion if Tesoro came out with a machine that incorporated all their best features in such a way as to compete with other companies high end machines you would have a Tesoro only in name. What you would have, in fact, is a knock-off of another brand. Tesoro made its mark by standing on its own, not playing follow the leader.

Another brand that had that technology 10 years ago. That's fine for the people who might detect a couple times a year.

What about the detectorest who hunts 2-3 times a week? Were not asking for some digital super machine. Just give us a machine that combines all the best features of what you have. And make it work well.

way to go everyone keep this post going with your ideas and views,we all spend our hard earned money on this hobby and we deserve to have up to date technology and features.Are we to just sit back and spend our money on a machine thats been out for six to 10 years allready for i allready have a 25 year old Tesoro Royal Sabre thats in pefect shape so give us something new to want to come out and buy not something that has allready been around for 6 years or longer.If i want a six to 10 year old metal detector i will just buy a clean used one on ebay and have the same thing othert then maybe the warranty which can be very important but then again im not spending 500 to 1000 on something that hasnt changed for years.So right now my money is still in my pocket other then thinking about the Teknetice Omega 8000 which seems to be a sleeper machine from all that i have read about it and in my eyes a current machine,but yes i still want a Tesoro or maybe a Garrett .Are we really asking for to much,I dont think so......have a great weekend everyone...Markmac

Maybe Tesoro is making truck loads of money off of the detectorest who only hunts a couple times a year? Maybe us detectoest who hunt day in day out are not worth the effort? I for one want to support a US based MFG and who doesn't? It just seems like Tesoro is the 8 track and the others are the Ipod.

[size=medium]What

There have been some interesting comments to this thread and I hope the people from Tesoro are reading them. I have been a die hard Fisher user for alot of years, and have owned 4 Tesoro detectors. I have no experience with the F series Fisher detectors and am not interested in them, but i will continue to use the old Los Banos made machines.
The tesoros i have owned have been excellent machines, easy to use and light weight. I personally think Tesoro has to have something in the works for a new flagship detector
that will compete with the other companies top of the line detectors. It seems hard to believe that Tesoro would sit back doing nothing to take back the lost sales to the other manufacturers. I'm sure Tesoro has the capabilities to design and produce a machine that can compete with the F75 or the T2, and if they don't have the capability then they need to be on the hunt for new engineers that can make it happen. Maybe make Dave Johnson from First Texas a job offer...lol. Tesoro has a huge loyal following that would love to see a new machine on the market from them, myself included. If and when Tesoro releases a new machine, i'm sure it will have been worth the long wait............Roger