Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Web Site

n/t

New people in this Hobie always look for more power and depth. In truth what is looked for is better separation and target identification. If i have a machine that can separate and distinguish trash from treasure isn't that whats it about? I mean really after 10-15 years you would think there would be more that would come about. I love Tesoro and what they stand for. But at the end of the day my time is money. The truth is in the finds on the fourms.

Would it be that hard for Tesoro to combine all the features we love about there machines. And make one machine to have them all? Why do i need to have a closet full of there units to enjoy them? To enjoy the company? I love Tesoro and have a place in my soul for them.

Amen Jo dirt good point by you and thanks Mat in Ma for your views as well.I dont think what has been discussed here though is garbage talk but people across the country that have waited for some time for Tesoro to at least give us a hope of something to come.Being a Tesoro owner and fan of theirs yes i would like to buy a new model since i still use my Royal Sabre and it has never let me down.Im lucky enough to be in a possition to buy a new model but then again is it a wise move for me to spend 500 to 1000 for a model that has been around for 5 to 10 years.Maybe my problem is that being in the car business i see that if the models arent changed or updated every 5 to 6 years the market share drops and thats just reality of the game.You must stay competitve at all times.I think owner loyalty to tesoro may be even higher then some of the other brands and i hope their owner base stays as strong as it has been over the years.As far as stirring up trouble that was not mine or any one elses intention to do but is the views and opinions of people that read these forums.I think Tesoro has done very well over the years with very good metal detectors and a warranty that cant be beat by any of the other makes out there.Do i think as far as being in the year 2010 that they and a few others need to keep moving forward YES and i wish them and all the American companies to prosper and get through these economic times.Thanks again to all of you for your thoughts your views and your opinions.....Markmac

oldcoon said:
yours is the best quote ive read on this forum in a long time,,,,,,just because tesoro is letting people know theyve been around for 30 years, i dont think its a clue that something new is coming out,,,,,i dont think they could improve on the tejon for depth on bullets.
In my opinion if Tesoro came out with a machine that incorporated all their best features in such a way as to compete with other companies high end machines you would have a Tesoro only in name. What you would have, in fact, is a knock-off of another brand. Tesoro made its mark by standing on its own, not playing follow the leader.

Mat in MA said:
well said,,,,oh well said,,,,,,when is tesoro gonna do or when is tesora gonna do that,,,,i agree with you,,,,,tesoro is doing just find,,,,some of these belly aches that post on this forum ought to go out and just by some other brand,,,,this subject is very lame
[size=medium]What

Looks as though i stirred a few feathers since i was the first to post here on the 30th anniversary announcement on the tesoro web site.I have enjoyed reading everyones views and comments and thats what makes this country so great,we can express opinion and thoughts.We may not all agree on what we would like to see from the diff detector comapnies or how often a new model should hit the market and thats ok.I want to say Congratulations to Tesoro on the 30th Anniversary of the company that jack Gifford started and i wish them and Garrett, and Whites and first texas and any other american made company continued success.Competition is good it gives us all choices of where we spend our very hard earned money today.Will my next new detector be another Tesoro to go with my Royal Sabre and garrett master hunter ads7 i cant answer that yet,I hope it is but if not that will be my decision to make as it is with any one else.I thank you all for all the responses on here and there have been many allready and im sure a few more opinions to come and thats what keeps us coming back to check what some one else has to say about a certain post or opinion...Do i think we will see a new model for Tesoro 30th anniversary...YESS...How soon im hoping in the next few months...Do i feel they and a few of the others could do better marketing as far as letting their customers know something is in the works with out releasing specific details...YES..Keeping in touch with your owner base is the name of the game.its a big part of marketing that we dont seem to see from most of them.....Enjoy the weekend...Markmac

Over the last two or three years I have found myself wandering back to older machines and finding myself happier at the end of a hunting day. The trend seems to be learning how to tweak and understand read outs rather than just understanding and learning what the machine is telling you.

Beyond GB, auto or normal retune, sensitivity, disc and AM mode what else do you really need? Maybe coil selections for special tasks.
Scrolling numbers are lost on me, but a swinging needle can tell me a lot, rate of decay, does it bounce?

I wonder if many manufacturers are giving customers exactly what they ask for, more obvious stuff? A good friend of mine was in the audio business for years, he was a fan of audio fools as opposed to audio phyles(sp). They spent a lot of money on stuff that they could not really discern if they were blindfolded.

The manufacturers do read these forums....be certain of that.

I just bought a 25 year old machine with, 4 and 8 inch coils for 160 dollars. In its day it was designed to be a multi purpose unit for coin, cache, utility locating and prospecting...WOW! It will knock out small to mid iron without a whimper and still hit on small gold chain up to 3" deep!!! A mens gold ring 8" without any doubt of it being a good target. In AM mode the same ring will easily hit at 10".

It will not locate a steel gas line at 20" however, too bad I was hoping to set up a business on the side.

As for defence of Tesoro not bringing out anything new I say bravo. Have they ever brought out a real dog of a unit? Their units work well, bottom line. The cost of developing a new design and bringing it to market is staggering.

Thanks Perersv for your excellent comment on older machines,i understabd your point since both my Tesoro and Garrett models are over 20 years old and yes the cost of a new model is staggering im sure but a neccessary thing to really stay competitive in todays market.I wont part with my Royal Sabre but i am looking for something new from Tesoro and Garrett to make me say yes spend the money,i just dont want to part for something that has allready been around for 6 to 10 years.I have my Royal Sabre for that lol.Rusty Henry in tesoro service is a great guy to go along with the lifetime warranty,This man knows his business and i just want to see Tesoro and all the other american companies survive and grow for we have lost enough to overseas companies in every area of manufacturing.I will also say and some people may not like hearing this but im proud of the job Dave Johnson and his engineering team has done in the past three years at First Texas products.When you look at all the new Fisher models they now have and all the new Teknetics models and the few new Bounty Hunter models it makes me wonder are they seeli ng these only to new people coming in to metal detecting hobby or are they getting market share away from the rest of the companies and trust me they are selling them.Do i think they are much better then tesoro or garrett or whites NO but are they meeting a lot of customers needs and wants Yes i think they are.Thanks again for everyones thoughts and views....markmac

Mat in MA said:
[size=medium]
These forums are for reading about what other detectorists have found and where they found their items, not what the manufacturers are doing.
[/size]

Actually, these forums are for discussion of all things related to metal detecting. That includes discussion of detectors and their manufacturers.

I am a fan of Tesoro, the detectors and the fine people who run and work for the company.

Hoping that they bring out a new and technologically improved TID detector does not make me a whiner or a crybaby.

Marcomo thanks for your comment i tend to agree with you on all parts especially about the tesoro company and being a fan of them and would like to see them continue to grow and prosper.....Markmac

Garbage talk?

I don't consider this garbage talk.

I am a dedicated Tesoro user and am considering purchasing a Cortes. Unfortunaely there are very few reviews on this machine, but if it a Tesoro, then is must be a good machine.

What may be garbage to you is a great question to me. If I am about to buy a Cortes, which I am considering, I would be upset to find out that Tesoro came out with a new and better machine a few weeks later. Tesoro are great keepers of secrets and no one will know if they have a new machine until it is in production and on the market. If I had to spend a few hundred more for a much better Tesoro then I would in a heart beat.

I also disagree, I do have a vested interest in Tesoro. I am a dedicated Tesoro user and that gives me a vested interest in their products.

The only change I would like to see with Tesoro would be with the Cortes. Many of the reviews I have read have complained about the small meters which are crammed with information. I think Tesoro could improve on the meter. Will they, who knows? However, my opinion is that in time they will do so.

Jhettel excleent point of view and myself i do aggree with you on your comments we all love out Tesoros and i understand your feeling about buying a new Cortes as good as that machine is we all know it has been around for a while now and im the same way do i spend seven to 8 hundred on a new cortes knowing the amount of time its been around Yes its a great machine but i personally agree after around 10 years in production a new model must be around the corner and that is what keeps me from parting with my money right now.as i said in recent posts on here a lot of it has to do with marketing to your owner base and staying in better touch with your current customers, i feel we who buy their products do deserve to have something put out that they are working on something to keep our excitement buuilding and to keep those who wantto purchase a new maching to help keep us in the fold of Tesoro.And that statement goes to the other manufactures as well.I want a new model and will keep my Royal Sabre as well but i think for now i will wait just a little longer to see if the 30th Anniversary of this fine company brings us something to smile about.....Thanks everyone for your fine comments and points....Markmac