Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoronites Listen up...

Idxpro

Just finished up a 4 hour hunt with the Compadre. Arrived at a local park I have hunted many times. My goal? To find the yellow stuff. No, not a Garret either.
I sat on the bleachers, removed the faceplate, and tweaked the sens in real world dirt and not in my garage. I then powerbalanced it to perfection according to montes directions. You Tesoronites ready for my thoughts in this cheap $150 dollar machine? Want to know what I think of this plastic housing ugly as hell gold shaft toy? This toy is deaper than the outlaw, deaper than the Idx Pro, and of course the F2. Not at all what I expected. I didnt find anything worth posting, just a bunch of clad and garbage, but thats ok, I really wanted to learn it and I made some progress. Ihave never dug a pull tab as crisp from every direction at 8"-10" easily with any other machine. You know me, I tell it like it is. I have yet to own a machine that gets any depth on a freshly buried item with any relevant depth, but this thing is nuts! I dug a solid 7" inches in very hard ground and find a beaver tail. I KNOW it did not fall out of the side hole either. So I place the beaver tail and put it back in the hole and bury it. I could still hit it solid with the coil 5" from the ground. I know, i know, big deal its a beavertail. But that is really impressive, to me anyway. Thats a solid 12" on a freshly buried target. It had me digging crates for the smallest can slaw. Hell, I'm using a cheap centech pinpointer until my propointer comes back and actually gave up on several digs cause i simply could not find the target. I was a digging fool today. I just didnt expect this from a machine of $150. I have yet to rrad where anyone else claims the Compadre to be a deep machine but what just happened here?

Ive ordered to F2s recently for friends first detectors . I tried to talk them into the Compadre but they want those screens.

Im going to purchase one soon. Dont know which coil to get though.

You need to open her up. Simply remove the two faceplate screws and adjust the pot. Super easy.

Be sure to set the sense first. You the sensitivity to be optimal before power balancing. Google Compadre board, hit google images, and it literaly be the second image of the board with the 3 ttimmers laid out for you.

BillF, i'd really like to hear how you make out with the power balance of the Compadre. I'm sure youve read all about power balanci g but the best for me is to just put it negative and work from there. This way ur listening for a beep on the upswing only. It gets too confusing trying to balance by bobbing the coil and tryi g to determine when its beeping. Again, i'm sure you know or have read it, or even already do it to another machine but figured i'd mention it.

sounds exiting a gold ring is coming , cool report learning the machine is good and digging tabs if tabs are in the ground so are the rings, do you have some gold rings to practice with ? thats essential all sizes white gold and yellow 10 k to 18k thin & thick learn them learn how much small foil can be ignored without losing the rings and then go for it

very interesting

I have tried it a few times with the Vaquero but preferred super tuning instead. There isn't any way to super tune the Compadre so power balancing may be the way to go. I don't know when I'll try it though. Thanks for the info.

Idxpro said:
BillF, i'd really like to hear how you make out with the power balance of the Compadre. I'm sure youve read all about power balanci g but the best for me is to just put it negative and work from there. This way ur listening for a beep on the upswing only. It gets too confusing trying to balance by bobbing the coil and tryi g to determine when its beeping. Again, i'm sure you know or have read it, or even already do it to another machine but figured i'd mention it.

You can't really ground balance without a steady threshold, unless there is something I don't know about, so in this case I think it would be powerbalancing (AKA Ground Balancing in Disc Mode)..

Doesn't doing that terminate your warranty?

Or are you not the first owner of that Compadre?

I dont see why adjusting an "adjustable" trimmer would void any warranty. There are no modifications being made. Besides if Tesoro said my warranty is void because I adjusted a trimmer for optimal performance, I would tell them to kiss my arse. A machine with a factory set gb juqst cant be good for all ground types. I think Tesoro arr pretty rational and reasonable people so there will be no arse kissing going on.

Monte explained it to my liking many moons ago. The Compadre is NOT burdened down with the low-noise, high gain circuitry such as the Silver umax. While this is great for those who don't like being bothered with noise at lowered disc levels, it doesn't interfere with the ground minerals, flaky iron, etc. AS MUCH as other detectors which basically FILTER OUT these pesky nuances, but somewhat block partially the signal. I mean, you can go in all metal on some of these machines and not pick up teeny pieces of foil that the compadre will hum on in low discrimination!

You got that right Sling, I was a digging fool this weekend with a crappy pipointer trying to find the smallest pieces of metal flake, and sometimes simply gave up. I like the audio mush better than the outlaw too. The Outlaw sounds like a Light Saber. It seems there is much more info in the Compadre tone as well. Lots to learn yet..