Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro's New RSD 11 x 8 Inch Widescan Search Coil :tesoro::usaflag: Lucky Me!

tabman

I've been wanting to get my hands on one those new search coils ever since I read about them. Rusty Henry's road trip route from Prescott AZ to Chattanooga TN took him close to where I live. I arranged to meet Rusty at a Wal-mart parking lot last night to purchase a couple of them. One for my five pin Tesoro detectors and one for my 4 pin Tesoro detectors. I just started my testing and so far, I'm more than super happy!:thumbup: I'll let you know more when I do more testing and get to use the coils out in the field.

BTW, Rusty's motor home is just out of this world awesome.

tabman

Rusty%20Henry%20Travel%20Home%20001_zpsd8anmob0.jpg

now that's what I want the motor home I mean :biggrin: wouldn't mind 2 of those coils also, might have to get a job at Tesoro or did he buy it with the gold he found in Australia :clapping: that's why I want that bus so I can head off and find my own nuggets :unsure:

another good story !!

AJ

What? Wow! Now that would have been worth the drive to party with you and Rusty out in the Wal-mart parking lot! I bet I woulda bought a Shark and a Compadre...!
Good score there Tab! Things are looking up for you now!:clapping:
Mud

Rusty is a wealth of information when it comes to detecting. I learn something from him just about every time that I talk with him. Last night we talked about attaching a Vaquero control box to a large truck inter-tube and using a search coil with a long cable to detect at fresh water beaches. He said it's best to parallel the beach in waist deep water. He said I could use a sand scoop to recover the targets, but he uses a face mask and goes down under the water and fans the location of the target to recover it. I guess being a former navy seal makes him having his head under water an easy task. I think I'd be better off with a sand scoop.:)

tabman

Nice! And lucky you I might add.
Personally, I have always liked the oval/ elliptical design. The extra coverage does make a difference over a round coil, minus the weight.

Hmmmm, often wondered about that...long coil wire thing, for a guy to find hotspots in deeper water..like where an old swim raft used to be in front of an old house or lodge or camp?...put a coil on the end of a long piece of pvc, ride around slow in a boat with the headphones on, eyeball the shoreline for some old property, make a few passes, and try to locate a raft anchor or hotzone full of old silver and gold in deeper water? Should be a chattering mess where a raft was anchored one would think?
Then, over the side with the Shark and clean it out?:shrug: Sounds like you two had a good conversation!:clapping:
Mud

Finally something from Tesoro worth raving about......................have fun.

Sven said:
Finally something from Tesoro worth raving about......................have fun.

I know that meant to say 'finally something NEW from Tesoro worth raving about', because all of us Tesoro users rave all the time about how well our Tesoro detectors work.

So far so good with Tesoro's new RSD 11 x 8 Inch Widescan Search Coil. :thumbup:

tabman

I have one on order, I bet it works sweet on the Vaqeuro. and tuned like that guys video. its goon be a game changer in the hotter ground.

kaolinwasher said:
I have one on order, I bet it works sweet on the Vaqeuro. and tuned like that guys video. its goon be a game changer in the hotter ground.

Yeah, I think people who have hotter ground are going to get the most benefit from this new widescan coil as far as depth goes. I have mild ground and I primarily wanted one of these new coils to be able to cover large open areas and still get good depth. Gunnar I can't wait to see your videos on this new coil.

tabman

I've been doing some testing in my coin garden and it's testing really well. I just realized that it's the same weight as the 8 inch doughnut coil with its stuff cover on, but the new wide-scan coil feels a tad heavier. I guess it being longer puts more weight out front. Not bad though. I won't have any trouble swinging it all day long. :detecting:

tabman

Furious T said:
I'd be interested to know how it compares with the Tesoro 12 x 10 widescan that came out with the Outlaw...

I can't tell you, because I sold my 12 x 10 wide-scan that came with my Outlaw, because its weight was a little too much for my liking. What I do like about the new RSD 11 x 8 wide-scan search coil is that it's light weight, it gets good depth and covers a lot of ground fast. The targets seem crisper and louder for some reason.

tabman

What's the "RSD" stand for?-------Tab----How does this new coil compare in depth to your 8" concentric coil on your coin test garden tests? (with the Vaquero)

D&P-OR said:
What's the "RSD" stand for?-------Tab----How does this new coil compare in depth to your 8" concentric coil on your coin test garden tests? (with the Vaquero)

RSD stands for Responsive Signal Design. Both coils get super deep on the Vaquero, especially on a nickel. There's moderate EMI and my ground is very mild where I buried a few coins. In the discriminate mode with iron just discriminated out, with full sensitivity, a slight negative on the ground balance I'm able to get a good audio signal at 7 + inches above the ground on a nickel that was just freshly buried at 5 inches with both coils. I think the new coil is going to do really well for people who have a lot of mineralization in their soil.

I'm sure that Gunnar is going to be doing some great videos with his once he gets it. For now just Google "Tesoro Epsilon and Delta Wide Scan Search Coils" and look under videos.

tabman

Ok tab, thanks for the response---appreciate it.
tabman said:
D&P-OR said:

RSD stands for Responsive Signal Design. Both coils get super deep on the Vaquero, especially on a nickel. There's moderate EMI and my ground is very mild where I buried a few coins. In the discriminate mode with iron just discriminated out, with full sensitivity, a slight negative on the ground balance I'm able to get a good audio signal at 7 + inches above the ground on a nickel that was just freshly buried at 5 inches with both coils. I think the new coil is going to do really well for people who have a lot of mineralization in their soil.

I'm sure that Gunnar is going to be doing some great videos with his once he gets it. For now just Google "Tesoro Epsilon and Delta Wide Scan Search Coils" and look under videos.

tabman

Furious T said:
Thanks tabman, so the new coil is lighter than the 12 x 10 dd?

Yes it is! I don't like heavy coils at all, but this new 11 x 8 inch coil I can swing all day long without pain. It's plenty deep as well.

tabman

well lets c if i can join you http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2208380