Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tested the 900

jayhop

I did a little more testing today.
I matched the settings as best I could on all machines.
Totally non bias, I just want to hunt with the best machine.
Depth test: I laid a 4 and 3/4" box over top of my 11in dime.
With equal settings neither the 800 or 900 could give a signal on the dime.
With the 900 at 28 sensitivity it gave a tone and a digable ID.
The Deus II gave a better tone and a digable ID.

I did the exact same test with my 11in quarter.
On sensitivity 25 the 900 gave a much better and more consistent tone than the 800.
The Deus II and 900 were very close on the quarter. I was getting a good tone at least an inch above the box.

I did one separation test. I used 3 Square nails and a copper penny.
There's no question that the Deus II can "Detect" better BUT.
For me it doesn't do any good for a machines to detect a coin if it's going to ID it as a nail. I'm not going to spend all day digging 08s on the Deus.
The 900 beat the 800 and Deus II in the separation test by giving a better tone and ID. It beat by a long shot.
If the Deus II update can change that 08 ID it gives on separation test it will be a definite game changer.

I did try the Coiltek 10x5 on the separation test also, I had already taken the targets up when I thought about testing the 6". I will definitely try it later.
But my 900 didn't like the 10x5. It will be for sale tonight. I had to turn the sensitivity down to get it to be quite. And the 11in coil beat it in my separation test. The 10x5 was silent on the penny.

Anyway, as always these were my results in my ground and yard.

Last edited:
I did a little more testing today.
I matched the settings as best I could on all machines.
Totally non bias, I just want to hunt with the best machine.
Depth test: I laid a 4 and 3/4" box over top of my 11in dime.
With equal settings neither the 800 or 900 could give a signal on the dime.
With the 900 at 28 sensitivity it gave a tone and a digable ID.
The Deus II gave a better tone and a digable ID.

I did the exact same test with my 11in quarter.
On sensitivity 25 the 900 gave a much better and more consistent tone than the 800.
The Deus II and 900 were very close on the quarter. I was getting a good tone at least an inch above the box.

I did one separation test. I used 3 Square nails and a copper penny.
There's no question that the Deus II can "Detect" better BUT.
For me it doesn't do any good for a machines to detect a coin if it's going to ID it as a nail. I'm not going to spend all day digging 08s on the Deus.
The 900 beat the 800 and Deus II in the separation test by giving a better tone and ID. It beat by a long shot.
If the Deus II update can change that 08 ID it gives on separation test it will be a definite game changer.

I did try the Coiltek 10x5 on the separation test also, I had already taken the targets up when I thought about testing the 6". I will definitely try it later.
But my 900 didn't like the 10x5. It will be for sale tonight. I had to turn the sensitivity down to get it to be quite. And the 11in coil beat it in my separation test. The 10x5 was silent on the penny.

Anyway, as always these were my results in my ground and yard.
Thank you for taking the time to test and post. I was going to add the 10x5 to my 900, not so sure now.

Thank you for taking the time to test and post. I was going to add the 10x5 to my 900, not so sure now.
It may do better for you, I was really hoping my results would have been better.
I couldn't resist trying the 6". I went back out to give it a quick test. I really like the separation results I got. It really did well, even when I raised the coil. I tried a 6" on the 800 a while back and wasn't impressed at all. I think there is something a little different about the 900.