Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Testing the new 1.08 update on the legend

The V 1.08 looks very good. I like the new M3 for wet/conductive ground and the VCO Pitch audio available in the other modes like Goldfield is. The adjustable Iron filter will be useful also as will the Ground Indicator/ mineralization meter. I hope NM got the Bluetooth HP threshold volume corrected. Thanks for posting the video.

The V 1.08 looks very good. I like the new M3 for wet/conductive ground and the VCO Pitch audio available in the other modes like Goldfield is. The adjustable Iron filter will be useful also as will the Ground Indicator/ mineralization meter. I hope NM got the Bluetooth HP threshold volume corrected. Thanks for posting the video.
Yes they have forgot to mention that in the video

And I was just getting comfortable with what I was doing… lol. I think the M3 in damp/wet ground is going to be a plus. We ran into that problem earlier where a silver dime would not detect at 5-6” in wet soil with two detectors (even exposed in the plug). Need to experience the other updates…..

Ronstar, I too could have used the M3 about a month ago hunting very damp, boggy muck ground. I switched from Field to Beach mode and saw a good improvement in stability/performance.
I am almost amazed at how much performance/versatility bang for the buck we are being given with The Legend. There is really no comparison that will stand up to it's value.

That was recommended by someone else if I remember, I didnt have a chance to try it. We are almost 2” above average for rainfall but now back in more seasonal conditions. Starting to wonder if the excess EMI in that one area wasnt related to saturated ground. Will know more in a couple days when I go back to that area. Its pretty shaded under those big trees trees so maybe still pretty moist.

Thats an interesting question. No one is compelled to update when available but why deny yourself a better running detector for essentially free. I suppose detector updates are like phone updates to some degree and I dont like everything that gets added. But, get the updates and just choose not to use. If you had a really old, say, Bounty Hunter and you could hook it up to a computer and 30 minutes later you’re packing a state of the art (insert dream detector of choice), would you do it?

Thats an interesting question. No one is compelled to update when available but why deny yourself a better running detector for essentially free. I suppose detector updates are like phone updates to some degree and I dont like everything that gets added. But, get the updates and just choose not to use. If you had a really old, say, Bounty Hunter and you could hook it up to a computer and 30 minutes later you’re packing a state of the art (insert dream detector of choice), would you do it?
You have a good point just don’t use the added features if you are happy with tje way it operates right now. I guess it’s personal preference some always want the latest and greatest but it can get to the point where it also gets so busy sometimes for some.
You mentioned cell phones for example its nice to have convenience of say checking email looking up directions on your phone but a regular flip phone was great. I guess thats where i was going it would be nice to have a detector with some added features than a say entry level one( being able to manually gb and operating at smf)but not to the point where it gets so busy that you are spending half your time messing with settings trying to figure everything out just to get it to work correctly. Now if you have the option of not having to set additional stuff to make it work better it just automatically does it for you in the update like patches on your computer or cell phone to correct flaws and enhance performance than that yes is definitely worth updating

I hope NM got the Bluetooth HP threshold volume corrected.
Sadly, I don't think so. My threshold is not audible until 12 or thirteen, then it shows up, but too loud by then. The good news is everything else works as advertised. Definitely do a factory reset after the 1.08 install, my tones were crap until I reset, now they are great. It does fine in my test garden, which has some iron in it around targets. I won't get the Legend into the wild until the weekend.

Jay, that mirrors my threshold also. I sent NM a message enquiring about the threshold volume this morning and received a prompt reply. They said the issue was with the Bluetooth chip. They will get it corrected very soon on the next update. I believe they will. Really first class company.

Jay, that mirrors my threshold also. I sent NM a message enquiring about the threshold volume this morning and received a prompt reply. They said the issue was with the Bluetooth chip. They will get it corrected very soon on the next update. I believe they will. Really first class company.
I do have to say in todays world its hard to find a company that cares about its customers as they do.
You can’t make everyone happy but at least they try.
Just as important as the product itself is if the company stands behind it. So many companies make a product or service and could care leas after they sell it to you.

Thats good news, I understand threshold is a low priority, but I hope they tend to it.