Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank you Fisher Team!

carvlin7

Well, my F75 returned yesterday and surely brought a smile to my face. I bought the unit in December of 2013, so was eligible for the free upgrade. For $49 I opted for a 3 year warranty to boot. What I received for that investment was essentially a brand new unit in many ways. Now, I don't abuse my gear, and always use protective covers so it was in pretty good shape when I shipped it. I removed the lower rod system, the environmental covers, and included the stock and 5" coil when I shipped it. What I received was a new box, new lower rod, new control box, new battery unit - the only things that are now original are the stock coil (had to look closely to find scuff marks) and the S handle - all else is brand new.

Surely no expert, and only at this for a few years, so take all of this with a grain of salt...

Taking the unit outside for 5 minutes in a yard that no detector has handled well (MXT, CZ5, Bandido, Eagle Spectrum, Compadre) due to 100 years of trash, renovation, and red 5 bar dirt, I was able to quickly identify some non ferrous targets that I have yet to dig.
The audio quality is much improved from what this unit used to produce. More to come, but rather impressed thus far and truly looking forward to taking this out in the field this weekend.

Sent my f5 in last fall for a free up grade and same scenario, those guys put a new face plate on, new foam pads, new coil mounting bushings,connecting rod bushings and who knows what they did on the inside. My f5 works great , wouldn't want another machine. Thanks fisher guys.

i agree got mine back and thought it was a different detector and might be has a different serial # lookes brand new very happy with the performance so far hh

Always nice to see a 'Thank You' posted for our support team back at the Mothership...Good on ya for taking the time Carvlin! :clapping:

And Welcome here to the Forum!:beers:
Mud

Thank you - a daily reader but infrequent poster (the school of 'keep your mouth shut and listen!) - have learned a great deal here from you and many others!

Being new to the F75 ltd Se, exactly what settings would you use in really mild Houston area ground, but lots of iron trash? I have basically stuck with the 4h, disc at about 18-21, sense at 70-80, notch 1, de or bp, and the 5" coil. I find an area with no signals, do the qucik grab, then start hunting. I seem to find lots of targets in the 4-5" range maximum when dug, but the machine will tell me it is 10 - 12" deep on a sweep. On pinpoint it usually drops to the 4-6" range and that is pretty accurate.I dont recall ever digging any target deeper than about 7". In fact I put a wheat penny flat in a hole about 7" deep, air scanned it and nothing, then covered it with dirt and still nothing. I dug it and reburied it three times til it was about 4" deep and then I would get a good audio tone and locked on numbers.

So, any suggestions as to settings other than all metal motion?

jas415 are you talking 4 inches with the small coil are the 11x 7 inch coil, also try lowering the disc it could be reading deeper coins as iron also do some air test and let us know what you get. in mild soil you should get better depth than that so maybe your soil is not mild what does the fe meter read when you pump the coil.

With the small coil in real hunting I am getting 4-5 inches, but on the sweep the depth will read 8-12 inches but the actual depth is more like 4-5 inches. I have lowered he sense to 60 with almost the same results, I did not measure them, just used the Garrett Pro pointer for depth. I have used the quick grb and the numbers have varied from around 40 to as high as 65. tomorrow I am going to take it out with the dealer and another F75 user that has had the upgrade and we will cross ck all three of them on the same targets so there is some comparison.

I got the F75 for the specific purpose of hunting on demolitions where there is a lot of iron and junk. I use a CTX almost all the time and wanted a 'different' setup for a backup. As I am totally new to the machine I have never did a manual ground balance other than the quick grab. It originally was very quiet and I probably should learn a lot more about the ground balance= process as the CTX does it all automatically.

If it's the new DST version, you should be able to run 0 disc, BP and crank the sensitivity up fairly high. I have only spent 2 hours with my upgraded unit, but the 2L, 0 Disc, BP, 90 sensitivity ran really well in an area that used to give me a lot of trouble. I was using the 5" coil and frequency F6.