Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank you to all who responded to my questions, but now...

MARK (LI)

I just don't get what the xchange software is for...to me it seems that it is really for users who will be utilizing the gps for land hunts...and also that the other changes can be made right in the machine without connecting to a computer.

My machine has the wrong time on it...I have not found a way to get the correct time, either in the machine or with the xchange...the xchange does ask for preferences upon start up, but just standard or 24 hour clock, no way to set the clock.

If anyone does know how to set the clock, or explain what the xchange's purpose is I would appreciate any thing...thank you again

Change time:

Go to Optioins Menu
Select GPS Time Sync IF you want the GPS to set the time
Select "Set Time" if YOU want to set the current time

You can also change the Time Zone, Time Format (24hr), and how units appear (metric, US standard)

Johnnyanglo

Hi Mark
Exchange is pretty much what you said it is.... It is simply a better way of managing your CTX setup. Honestly, I very rarely use it but if you are looking to share modes or some sort of advanced discrimination settings it is the way to go.

My most recent use was setting up different search modes all exactly alike except for the Target Separation settings, ie ground coin, ferrous coin... It definitely made that process easier.

You can also use it for upgrades. People who have older machines, for example, were able to upgrade the salt water mode. Check out the post on upgrading. You can also check the Minelab site.