Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank you White SEF 10x12 Old coin today-1795

burlbark

I was given permission to hunt an residential yard in my home town. The home owner lost his deceased Fathers ring back in 1999 while gardening around the house.

I found little clad, but lots of deep signals and iron was not overwhelming in the front yard. Trash was present but there where areas where I was able to ground balance to 13". This doesnt usually happen for me.

I found the Rosie at around 4" surrounded by iron and alongside a rebar reinforced driveway.

The copper ring was found down at rediculous depth (8+"), There was zero iffyness about digging, the v3i and sef combo lock on rings so nicely.

The back yard was not so friendly but I did happen to find my oldest dated coin yet. Depth was around the 5" mark and there was no question to dig. It is a Shan-lung and depending on who you ask it was minted from 1795-99 or 1796-1802. The mint mark on the back is from Pao Chi. Its not worth the holder I put it in but it is my oldest coin that I have been able to date, so that makes me happy.:detecting:

I ran my 5.3 over this yard around a year ago and missed these deeper targets that the SEF picked up like they where on the surface. I love this mixed mode :clapping:

[attachment 264532 Super.jpg] Not that many finds are being posted lately. It's great to see a find that old.

Rob (IL) said:
[attachment 264532 Super.jpg] Not that many finds are being posted lately. It's great to see a find that old.

Thanks Rob, I spent another hour out in my yard and found more silver roundness..... I guess I should post it here or the todays finds. I really like to keep this section alive with finds. I want people to know what a detector this v3i really is.

We never have that many finds posted here. I'm not sure why? I think the guys are making good finds. I guess I am as guilty. I'm too lazy to take photos.

Congrats! Glad to see you got a good one. I like my 10x12 SEF and have done well locating coins in the 8" range with solid hits.
HH-Bruce