Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thanksgiving

cwilk

What unusual things happened to you over the holiday? For me it was unusually warm weather and a trip home. I threw my 2500 in the car before I left, just in case, later realizing I forgot my Propointer. Neither of my nieces have been interested detecting for 5 or 6 years so imagine my surprise when one asked me to take her on a hunt Friday morning. She's 18 now, and these moments do not come often, so I grabbed it. We had fun and talked about her college while we hunted, taking turns with the detector. She wouldn't dig because I guess that is where she drew the line of possibly looking too geeky to the people at the park who were watching us. I also cherry picked because I didn't want to dig any junk fearing I might lose my partner. I got a really deep signal on the quarter notch and told her this was going to be good! Yep, I called it! We, well I dug the 1945 quarter at 8-10 inches. It was sunny out and when it came out of the ground in a clump of dirt my niece immediately noticed that we had found something different. She plucked it out of my hand and asked why it was shining so brightly. It was really good to have found a little real treasure on our trip which lasted just over an hour. I imagine that is the longest amount of time she has been without her cellphone in a very long time. She did text all the way home, and I'm certain she wasn't telling treasure hunting stories. I think the bracelet might be silver too. I need new testing acid.

Sounds like you and ur niece had a fun time cwilk. Brings back memories of my father and I hunting yrs back.

I didn't get to do any hunting on Thanksgiving because I was working the closing shift, although I still found some silver. While I was ringing up a customer Thursday night the lady paid with some coins, and wouldn't you know 2 of the dimes she paid with had that silver edge. As soon as she handed me the change I was checking the edges as I moved them in my hand, which is a habit of mine I have developed over the yrs of handling money. So that made up for having to work Thanksgiving day I guess. :)

I also found a 1944 merc on Saturday when i took over the register. Almost gave it out as change, but caught it at the last second. :) So all in all a good week.

Nice finds by the way. HH and GL