Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

That's it......I've had enough...............MattR.UK

MattR

Today, the E-Trac graduated.

No more debate on its abilities.

It is a star.

A faint but persistent mono-tone....a glance at the depth gauge bottomed out at 12 inches.

Battled with the roots covering........ A pointed blade on my spade was not helping.

Finally hacked and weaved my way to depth in excess of 12 inches.

Still the target called me...challenged me, almost mocking in its elusiveness.

The final approach was clawed out with my gloved hand.

At what was about 14 inches, I felt the solidness of an object.

It was a partially rotted copper half penny.

I was simply over-awed (and somewhat knackered)

To me,as I sat there sweating in the afternoon sunlight, it was the final proof.

The E-Trac was simply inspiring. I looked back over the last week or so, and realised how this new unit had

won me over. I now detect differently, and am renewed in my passion for hunting.

Yes, hunting is the right word. Going out with the E-Trac is like stalking cunning targets.

They have defied man and machine before, but today they surrendered to the E-Trac.

So for me, I need no more convincing....I've had enough.......enough success that is.

If you have a Minelab E-Trac, and haven't yet seen the light, then be patient, and find somewhere that allows her to show you what she is capable of.

Once you've gained confidence in what she can do, given the chance, then you will be more willing to trust her when the going gets tough.

If she can't do it, then heaven help the others in similar circumstances.

Don't forget, she may do it differently than others. It's up to you to recognise what that different way is.

To all the lads on the forum who have helped me, and by your testing and commentaries enthused me, THANKS.

Now that I have 100% confidence in my machine's capabilities, then it is up to me to match that with my abilities.

The forbidden words are, "Fancy discrimination patterns"

The key phrases are "MINIMALISTIC DISCRIMINATION" and "REPETITIVE AUDIO, REGARDLESS OF QUALITY"

Those are the key elements for depth.

I hunt in FERROUS AUDIO and 2 TONES.

WHY ??????????

So that I don't become mesmerised by the siren call of a target that is reluctant to identify itself.

Keep the whistle, flutes, farts and burps to a MINIMUM, and your mind will stay focused on the main chance.

Just make that target say "YES" more often than "NO".

At depth, things don't necessarily sound normal, so don't depend on the clarion call.

It's the repeatability.....even if the actual sound is crappy...Is it trying to repeat itself???? Yes???

'Neat' sound on pinpointing???...............Then go get it, man....

That's my philosophy................What's yours?

I'm having a great time.....Thanks MINELAB..................MattR.UK.

[attachment 105797 coin.jpg]​

p.s. "Are you finding silver?".........I can do that.

n/t

Geesh.....you could have started a mine with that hole!

I bet there area a lot of people who are really angry that they have to dig deeper now. And a lot of other machine owners who will be angry that there is nothing left to find.

It looks like Minelab is trying to get a lot of people angry.

Your story has changed my mind and I will be getting the E-trac.

Because I like to be angry to have to dig so deep!

Well, a trade is in order. I'll ship you my E trac, which seems to stop at 6" and you ship me yours. I'll pay postage!!! :rofl: Sounds like you got yours all figured out! Any settings you could share would be appreciated. I either have a bum unit or it does not work in my soil!!! A little disappointed, especially since many of you are getting 9+ inches! Will try again tomorrow!! Nice depth on that coin. Wonder how well it will do on the cut pieces??? HH

I guess i'll go back to the hole in the park I gave up on at 12", (still getting a repeatable signal on the E-TRAC), still not hitting on my pinpointer... It will be the third time i've opened up this hole, laff.

I agree, ET is a winner.

J

Hello J.

I'm finding my E-Trac to be very accurate for depth on coins.

Whenever I've read X inches on the gauge and not found the target at that approximate depth or a little more than X, then I generally know I'm onto something bigger.

I find that cans are the biggest pain, when at depth in wet sand.

Wouldn't it be good if we had TWO pinpoint buttons. One for size and one for normal.

I think the pin-point on the E-Trac is excellent.

I haven't come up against any very trashy sites yet, so maybe I've got a new experience waiting for me. Sure would like to try an smaller coil on the E-Trac.

Any suggestions? .................Matt

Enjoyed the Discriptive Story as much as the News Matt, well done M8. Sorry I couldn`t get out Detecting with you & Jeff the other day , My Bullmastiff went to the vets to have a tumor removed from her Bladder.

Now there's an idea. Do you think they'd let me do their patch?

I could tell them I'm from the BBC's Time Team..!!!!!!!!!!

...and that the E in E-Trac stands for ECO....Eco-Trac......No ?

Are well, it was just a thought.

Local council.....mmmm

I could tell them I'm planting Acorns.

Don't worry H, I always kick the dirt back in and leave it looking as crappy as when I found it.

The foxes don't do that, and I don't complain about the Coke cans and bottles they leave outside their dens.

Despite the litter in the undergrowth, it is still a tranquil and beautiful dale.

I've known it from childhood, from that time when I was about ten years old.

My two mates and I travelled over 6 miles on foot, to discover this place.

Oh I could tell you the tale of a fabulous day filled with un-bridled fun and adventure, but that's for another time.

Seriously though...I'd go there even if there wasn't a plugged nickel to be found.

There is nothing on God's earth more beautiful than an English dale, with a stream flowing through it.

This isn't the place it was, in those childhood days of years ago.

Council misuse....neglect....social vandalism or indifference, call it what you may.

Yet nature patiently takes it all in its stride, and with time, she prevails, overgrows, and restores her wounds.

The only trouble is....my time is finite, and in the words of the 'September' song,

"I haven't got time for the waiting game."​

********************************************​

[attachment 105835 DSC03162.jpg]​

Share your thoughts about your favourite place to detect..................MattR.UK.