Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The 2 scary things that I found.

Lizard_Prince

Hi Folks!
I am not sure how much time has transpired but I didn't have my V3i. I was using my DFX with regularity and on both occations I never though I would find 2 scary things at local beaches. My first shock came when I went to Isla Verde the beach called Hobby I got a strong reading but as I parted the sand out popped a rectangular something with a bunch of aluminum foil. On tearing the foil I saw a rectangular wood box with a piece of masking tape holding it shut, on opening the lid shock got the best of me. By all saints and God's angel what was I seeing...... It was a rag black vodoo doll with pins stuck to it and a folded note under it. I took it to the lady that rents beach chairs and said "Oh my GOD!" Quick pray the our Fathers prayer and throw it away! I took my left hand and placed it lightly on the rim of the wood box and prayed wiut Iutth all devotion the prayer she suggested and then I slammed the darn thing in the closest beach trash can and fled the area. I never knew what the folded note paper said and was not going to tamper with the contents.
A few months had transpired from that first insident I was on the little beach of el Condado where the bridge "Los Dos Hermanos" the two brothers conects I was scanning for some half an hour or so. All of a sudden on the edge of the sand where the bridge meets the beach I got a loud blast I though it might be another aluminum can at the depth of about a foot I saw in the bottom of the hold something black. I said to myself this is not an aluminum can. On this i pulled with the tip of my long handle scoop and to my great shock out popped a almost like new a BB pelet gun. I gingerly picked it up with my hanky and popped it into my carry bag. I had to cancel the rest of my hunt I was much too nervous and could not consentrait. I manage after a while on getting back home that it did not have pellets inside if this were a gun with big bullets I would have called the cops but after a while and various days I manage to neutralize the BB gun at least now it won't be used for delictive or bad use.
This I hope will be my last scary treasure. Has any of you found something scary with your machine? What would you have done with what I found if it were you that found these items? Ralph "LP"

Once while I was digging a target I have hit with my diging tool trough a deodorant spray which has been dumped in a field I was working and unearthed with a high pressure and dust to my face. I was scared that day of the fear I found a some kind of explosive!

Here in the UK there is still a lot of unexploded munitions from ww2 buried. My scariest moment was finding a live bomb on a beach which after reporting watched the bomb disposal team blow up. It left a crater 10 feet in diameter and 3 feet deep.