Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The 600 does it again!

Can the Equinox easily pick out silver dimes from oxidized copper pennies without fail ? No detector I have used so far can do it and my 600 isn't different from the experience I've gained from it so far. It's possible that the quarters have been picked up for the most part but if you keep getting wheaties, a silver dime should pop up at one point. My ratio of silver coins to old copper coins is about 1:10 no matter what detector I use. In my last hunt for example, I found 4 silver dimes and 40 pennies. Unless some other detectorist with a super detector that can tell a silver dime from a wheat penny with no error margin, there should still be silver if copper of the same size and shape is present.
My Garrett 2500 is pretty good at separating dimes from pennies. But is has been fooled a couple of times.

Y

Yesterday afternoon.

I only had 20 minutes to detect. I was driving back from sault saint marie for work. I live by menards in traverse city.
Let me know if you want to hit it on a weekend sometime. Or any other places. I like going after the older stuff for the most part. Finding old spots seem to be getting harder.

Let me know if you want to hit it on a weekend sometime. Or any other places. I like going after the older stuff for the most part. Finding old spots seem to be getting harder.
I'll meet up some time on a weekend. We are running out of time to get that done. Unless your nox has the snowblower option.

My detecting time is very limited for the next couple years. (family issues)

Let me know if your going out.

Our area doen't have a lot of old history. Also the areas with old history have been developed. Its hard to find silver from the 1800's. Its a lot easier to find silver from the 1930's to the 1950's.

Looks like Popeye forgot his metal detector....;)
I use a detector pro harness and weight is not an issue. I have good reasons to still use that old clunky/heavy detector with the big coil.

My Garrett 2500 is pretty good at separating dimes from pennies. But is has been fooled a couple of times.
Depends on ground condition and the pennies themselves I guess. On the Equinox, copper pennies range from 18 all the way up to 26 for me. Sometimes the ID is solid, sometimes it will move a lot. The machine that let me distinguish silver dimes from copper pennies with the most success was the Whites MX7 with concentric coil. Even then, it was accurate about 50 percent of the time.