Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The called shot. Babe Ruth and the Buffalo

Bob38

Last weekend I went to my new permission and started out. After an hour of finding several wheat pennies the owner came by and we spoke for a while. As we parted he said "good luck". I replied, "you never know my next hole may be a silver quarter". As he drove off I got a high solid tone with the depth meter at one bar. Another clad I said to myself. It was a 1935 silver quarter. I was blown away. As I made a turn to begin a new line in my search grid, I thought to myself wouldn't it be great if I found a buffalo nickel? Now I don't usually post my finds because where I live, a good day is an old wheat penny or a late Indian penny. I don't expect much and had a lot of days where I have been skunked. Anyway, the next hole was a 1916 Buffalo date still visible.

Some of you may call BS and I don't blame you. Heck I don't believe it myself.

Silver and buffalo.jpg

No BS call. We find things as we find them and if lucky the retrieval is easy. Last year I went out with a new coil and hunted a county park that I’ve found silver in before. County decided to do some tree thinning and ended up with two large burn piles. In the process the area around the piles had been dozed up a bit for burn control. Found a WA tax token in bad shape and decided to call it a day. Turned to leave the pile and a quarter signal popped off, bottle cap I declare but it was only 3-4” so cut the plug. Mid 30s quarter shines up. There are no rules as to where they reside.

Very nice finds!!
Next time, shoot higher!! Next time reply, “never know my next hole could be a double gold Eagle” 🤣🤣🤣

Nice finds hey I had a 36-38 thought it was a can only 4” down cut the plug and found a Morgan dollar!
You never know!
Mark

A silver quarter and a buffalo nickel, is a good day detecting in my book..!

Last weekend I went to my new permission and started out. After an hour of finding several wheat pennies the owner came by and we spoke for a while. As we parted he said "good luck". I replied, "you never know my next hole may be a silver quarter". As he drove off I got a high solid tone with the depth meter at one bar. Another clad I said to myself. It was a 1935 silver quarter. I was blown away. As I made a turn to begin a new line in my search grid, I thought to myself wouldn't it be great if I found a buffalo nickel? Now I don't usually post my finds because where I live, a good day is an old wheat penny or a late Indian penny. I don't expect much and had a lot of days where I have been skunked. Anyway, the next hole was a 1916 Buffalo date still visible.

Some of you may call BS and I don't blame you. Heck I don't believe it myself.

View attachment 14385
What you speak & believe in your heart will come to pass---God was showing you that He is real! Ma