Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The CTX on deep high conductors vs Equinox 800 vs E-Trac

ironman200081

I finally had an opportunity to meet an Equinox face-to-face. My friend Wise Guy bought an 800, and got it in a few weeks ago. We picked a decent day, and headed out to a park that has produced deep, old coins in the past for my CTX. My wife brought along the E-Trac for added fun.

I began by sweeping an open area with the CTX and marking off deep, higher-conductive targets with surveyor flags. By "deep" I mean that the targets were over 6 inches. We swept over each one with each machine, and then dug up the target to reveal what it was. Disclaimer: Wife and Wise Guy are rookies with their machines, while I have been lovingly wielding the CTX for nearly 6 years. I set up the E-Trac, but I have no clue as to Wise Guy's settings on his Nox 800. I need to hook him up with Bill_S for some lessons!

You can see for yourself, but in my opinion, the CTX and E-Trac seem to be more accurate on these deep, high-conductive targets. On both VID numbers and audio, the FBS machines appeared to perform better. The identification was accurate at depth, while the Nox seemed to jump around. I will say though, once Wise Guy skills up with his machine, I would like to repeat this test and see what the results say.

See for yourself. Apologies for the glare, it was a windy, sun-shiney day.

[video]https://youtu.be/RgKy9EPeT0c[/video]

greenmeanie said:
Really a damn Shovel in a Public Park.
Good grief people.

Sorry to have offended your digging tool sensibilities. I was in an open field, away from people and structures, and I okayed it with the parks department beforehand.

Some places it’s just not “the proper way”
Some folks dig and don’t return the ground back to the way it was.
This guy says he had permission it’s out in an open area of the park , that’s the proper way to go about it.
it’s my thinking that if you take a large plug , recover your object and then return the plug and walk it down , the spot will just grow better after a rain and never be noticed.
A state park by my house does not allow shovels in the public areas , and you have to get a yearly pass to detect, but talking with the ranger I can use a shovel back in the woods at an old site no problem.I cover my digs even in a cornfield

ironman200081 said:
Good grief people.

Sorry to have offended your digging tool sensibilities. I was in an open field, away from people and structures, and I okayed it with the parks department beforehand.

When I am in a public park, I use a little tea spoon to dig my holes as not to offend anyone. I also strap a stuffed toy dog to my coil so people think I am just walking my dog.

halfstep said:
Good grief people.

When I am in a public park, I use a little tea spoon to dig my holes as not to offend anyone. I also strap a stuffed toy dog to my coil so people think I am just walking my dog.

That's a pro move right there. Mind if I borrow your technique? I typically just arrive in the park in a rusty old fan without windows and a spray-painted "Free Candy" sign on the side. Generally keeps folks away from me.

That aside, along with my obvious failure to switch on the 11" coil on the CTX, was anybody shocked to see that the FBS machines were better at depth than the 'Nox?

halfstep said:
That’s brilliant! Actually use a plastic bag on your hand and people will think you’re picking up after your dog!