Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Day I found my first Hammered Gold Double rose coin

Ziggy J

Hello all, first post on findmall so I thought I would open my account with a little gold coin photo that I found a week ago.

Sorry if some of you have seen this on other pages.

Live dig video...
http://youtu.be/9jK3KaxAAng

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this at the bottom of the hole.

It's 22K, the single crown was 23K.

Sweet coin BTW.

That's spectacular :surprised::clapping:! Congrats! The length of history that lies underfoot in the UK just is mind boggling compared to us Yanks.

But I would love to hunt for gold nuggets, that would be amazing to try at... Thank you all for the comments

I just pist myself bloody stupid!:surprised: Soiled myself bloody rotten! :surprised: Congratulations!, and what a coin to actually film the dig of! Good on ya Ziggy!

Thanks ever so much old Chap!...Heres to giving hope out there to all of us!:beers::clapping:
Mud

Indeed thank you landstar, it's a amazing coin but finding a single crown would be a different ball game... Very very rare.

More pics and my article on finding the coin is on my FB page if anyone is interested here... https://facebook.com/internationalmetaldetecting

Awesome find and I can only imagine the feeling of recovering something like that. I would be numb for awhile and elated after awhile just like you were:thumbup:! Can you give us an idea where in England you got it? No GPS co-ordinates, just aprox:....thanxs!

Found it in a area called Sharnbrook in Bedford... boring field that never has turned up anything amazing on previous visits till this Henry Viii coin turned up but the soil is soft and stone less so easy for digging.

Thanks for the info Ziggy. You definitely were in the right place at the right time! and although homework plays a big part even before you set foot in a field, there's alway's an element of pure luck as to what's under your coil. Looking at your past performance though, you've certainly got the Midas touch!!!:thumbup: Maybe when I come over on one of my annual detecting trips across the pond, I can be your caddy and take care of your equipment in the field?lol!!!

Depends where you are staying there are massive rally's that are open to all in some great places.... If you sign up to some of the UK forums they can tell you what digs are going on in what locations then you will be able to arrange something with the organisers before hand.

Another thing worth trying is once you know the area you will be staying at is do some reasearch on the farms in that area..... Then send a few letters to these farms saying where you are from and ask would it be possible to search there land for a few days.... Even send a few nice emails, like us all you might get rejected but what have you to lose.

Any 1600's coin is number one on my want to find list - let alone a Gold 1600's coin - congrats on a FANTASTIC find Ziggy ! :beers: