Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Deus 2 Remote clasp broke today

BigTony

I was on FB and someone posted a fix for the remote that keeps falling off.
He cut a small piece of wood and jammed it in between the plastic clasp on one side.
I went to look at mine because mine falls off plenty. Was I surprised, one side broke off!
Im glad it didn’t break off while hunting this past weekend at an organized club hunt in upstate N.Y.
Im waiting to hear back from Customer Service.

Attachments

• IMG_7592.jpg
    IMG_7592.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 91
Do you carry a shovel as well Tony? I just have my remote in my shirt pocket a lot of the time. It is nice to be able to glance at the screen for further info though….and they have those replacement mounts on eBay. For how good the machine is, there are a couple things that are delicately French…🙂

You would think they would sell spare mounts along with all the other parts from a dealer.
Its only two little screws a quick 30 second replacement.
Not sure if the ebay ones are OEM or not but either way much quicker than sending it in.
I would have a spare of anything that commonly breaks ( coil charger, charge cable). To me anyway worth the $15-$20 if it happens during hunting season

Last edited:
Do you carry a shovel as well Tony? I just have my remote in my shirt pocket a lot of the time. It is nice to be able to glance at the screen for further info though….and they have those replacement mounts on eBay. For how good the machine is, there are a couple things that are delicately French…🙂
Yes, I do carry a small shovel. I like the screen, I’m a numbers guy.
I’ll look around and check out after market.

I prefer the hip mount case just flip open, more secure and probably more comfortable and convenient than in a pocket. Just me

Yes, I do carry a small shovel. I like the screen, I’m a numbers guy.
I’ll look around and check out after market.
Nothing wrong with looking at the remote. It has a wealth of information there, especially the XY screen. While the Deus is definitely a tones machine, I use the screen since it adds more pieces to the puzzle. BTW, my mount broke too. I bought a new mount, then added the thing from detecting doo-dads, but even that isn't foolproof, especially if you're hunting in heavy brush. It's a weak point in the machine I wish they'd fix.

I think the d2 id is up there with the best.When i only have a short time to hunt at say a school field,I rely on the numbers and very rarely dig trash.If i’m at an old homesite i dig pretty much everything so id isn’t that important

They really should just send a new one to replace under warranty, especially with how many have reported the same issue. But will probably give a wear and tear answer. Curious to see their response.

He cut a small piece of wood and jammed it in between the plastic clasp on one side.
I went to look at mine because mine falls off plenty. Was I surprised, one side broke off!
Im glad it didn’t break off while hunting this past weekend at an organized club hunt in upstate N.Y.
I called XP about the stem mount. I was told it is a 'wearable' part and I can buy a new one. They werent interested in a warranty replacement.
Mine finally broke, too. I carry the remote in my shirt pocket as im NOT a numbers kinda person. I beach hunt so I dig everything.
If Im park hunting and cherry picking I will check the meter. I wear it on a lanyard around my neck.

XP should have sent out new ones free of charge since everyone was complaining about the remote falling off. Im very surprised with their reaction to this issue.
Otherwise, Ive had exceptional service from XP.

HH
Donna(NJ)

So a reputable dealer advertises the xp original part for $10 not really a big deal and I imagine all dealers can get them.
Im sure can’t mention any names on here.
Even if you go through one every couple years still not bad.

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 81
UPDATE - just got confirmation that XP is sending another part.

You would think they would sell spare mounts along with all the other parts from a dealer.
Its only two little screws a quick 30 second replacement.
Not sure if the ebay ones are OEM or not but either way much quicker than sending it in.
I would have a spare of anything that commonly breaks ( coil charger, charge cable). To me anyway worth the $15-$20 if it happens during hunting season
ABSOLUTELY on all points! Specialty parts that you really cannot do without…

Check out Double G Digs YouTube video on a new RC replacement mount.

Check out Double G Digs YouTube video on a new RC replacement mount.
So xp did the right thing and fixed the problem they could have just been replacing r selling new parts,Another company comes to mind. I wonder if Big T is going to get the new style. Seems as of late they have been stepping up their PR relations. Anyone else get a survey from them ? As uf they are getting ready to come up with a new detector.

Er.So Tony which one does the warranty service if you had to send it in?f
Thats a great question because the XP site was just bought. Right now they only do emails.
Email metaldetector.com, to start. They review your email and advise.
If you have to send your machine in you have to complete a form to get a repair number.

This might change due to change of ownership. please don’t shoot the messenger or tell folks - Tony said to do this

I’ll just deny it. Too funny, I made myself laugh!

Thats a great question because the XP site was just bought. Right now they only do emails.
Email metaldetector.com, to start. They review your email and advise.
If you have to send your machine in you have to complete a form to get a repair number.

This might change due to change of ownership. please don’t shoot the messenger or tell folks - Tony said to do this

I’ll just deny it. Too funny, I made myself laugh!
I am going to tell everyone YOU said so lol.
I wonder why XP doesn’t just update and advise on their website the info for service/repairs unless it’s on there and i missed it. Just says to contact your dealer. So i guess whom ever you purchased it from is responsible for setting up the service and warranty assuming they are still around.But they are essentially guaranteed repairable for at least 10 years according to the website which is pretty good.