Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The dry spell is over!

Ted S

Went to a hunted out school yard and scored a few keepers! Among them are a 1917 merc and a 1943 merc, a 1904 V nickle a a couple of green wheats. The two mercs were deeper than my TRX is long. They were chirps in multi and came in clearer in 4 khz. I did run in Field 2 sens. 23 FE2-0 and 5 tone. It was a good day for me and I am over 1/2 way to my goal of 30 silver coins for the year! HH! Ted
815hunt 001.JPG
815hunt 001.JPG

I thought you said "hunted out school yard" we both must have been mistaken. Nice hunt!

Went to a hunted out school yard and scored a few keepers! Among them are a 1917 merc and a 1943 merc, a 1904 V nickle a a couple of green wheats. The two mercs were deeper than my TRX is long. They were chirps in multi and came in clearer in 4 khz. I did run in Field 2 sens. 23 FE2-0 and 5 tone. It was a good day for me and I am over 1/2 way to my goal of 30 silver coins for the year! HH! TedView attachment 6152View attachment 6152
Living proof a site is never "hunted out".

Nice job I hunt mostly in field two pretty much similar settings I noticed in field 2 in 4 kHz signals a clear especially tiny bits of junk squeak hunting with a open screen but coins sound loud and clear.
Mark

Thanks Jeff! Only got a couple of wheats today,some clad and a gold plated ring. I am going to have to quit until we get some more rain. As I have said before...I would rather not hunt if it will kill the grass. HH everyone!

Went to a hunted out school yard and scored a few keepers! Among them are a 1917 merc and a 1943 merc, a 1904 V nickle a a couple of green wheats. The two mercs were deeper than my TRX is long. They were chirps in multi and came in clearer in 4 khz. I did run in Field 2 sens. 23 FE2-0 and 5 tone. It was a good day for me and I am over 1/2 way to my goal of 30 silver coins for the year! HH! TedView attachment 6152View attachment 6152

That's far from a hunted out schoolyard. Congrats anyway.

Ted, nice keepers. I too am loving 4khz but so far only testing it in park 2. I have dug more junk but I am getting keepers from hunted out site
Tony

Ted, park 2, sen 21 to 23, 4khz, I don’t remember my iron stuff but last I remember I use F2.
I am not gong to tweak these settings until I learn the details of 4khz.
Now I find flat bottle caps come in at either 40 or 39 and sound like a big coin.
I bought ear buds called Soundpeats - they pair up in a second but they are out of stock now. I hope they make more of them
I want to buy another pair.
Tony

Ted, I do use Field 2 but for sound quality with my hearing loss , Park 2 tones comes in better for me

Good luck
Tony