Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The E-Trac and SunRay X-5 rocks for hunting those iron laden home sites.

Phil

My F70/6in coil and MXT with 6x10 were always my choice for hunt those really old home site in crop fields. These sites are full of iron and hot rocks and I felt like my Explorers missed targets due to masking. I set my E-Trac up in ferrous 2 tones with an open screen and hunted a couple of my already hunted home sites. At the first site I found an eagle button and what I thought was a clad dime in the awful trash close to the road. When I got home I found out my dime was an 1867 1/2 Skilling.

Nov5eagle.jpg

Nov5obv.jpg

Today I went to a home site in the field behind my house that 2 other guys and I hunted the other day. I was only there a short time but I managed to find a nice IH in an area I thought I'd covered pretty well with my F70 .

65IHobv.jpg

I had to leave because they started spreading fertilizer in the field but I'm going back tomorrow. My buddy found an 1823 bust dime using my X5 on his Explorer and I found a large cent and a nice token with my Spectra. I can't wait to get back out, there has to be some more oldies there. The home site shows up on my earliest plat map(1865). If the E-Trac does as well in the fields as it has been my poor F70 and Whites may be doing a lot more sitting in the detector room.lol

Yeah, I am missing my small coils.

My old Whites detector had every size of coil from 15 down to 4. I used each one depending on the trash level of the site. The 6 or 8 inch coils were my most commonly used. Of course the DD coil is a different beast from a concentric coil, but the theory is the same.

The is so much trash in the places I hunt, that I might have to break down and spend even more cash to get a smaller coil.