Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The ecstasy and the agony....

REVIER

Got the sweetest most great sounding signal.
Solid 28, low nickel, on the F70...no wavering or jumping, solid and loud repeated from all angles.
Pic one was what I saw when I opened the hole.
When I got it out it was obvious it was not real gold
Pic 2.

My song for the day.

https://vimeo.com/24706618

Yup! A hearstopper / swear inducing find LOL! :spin:I got a few just like that herringbone piece you found.
HH-Bruce

Got that exact same style chain earlier this year, it was "14k GS" aka gold shelled, aka gold plated, aka worthless. Well, not entirely. The base metal was copper, so I threw it in the scrap copper pile. It'll help add up.

Ouch! Yeah, I got one like that too once...really stops your heart there for a minute...:rant: Well, that was the right signal again...any chain type of item is a tough find...:thumbup:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Ouch! Yeah, I got one like that too once...really stops your heart there for a minute...:rant: Well, that was the right signal again...any chain type of item is a tough find...:thumbup:
Mud

I have been playing Smokey's "Tracks of my Tears" in that link all night.
Luckily, chains of any kind don't seem to be hard to find for the F70.
I live on to fight another day!

Yeah, those are near heart stoppers. Got a 18" one a few years ago just nestled nicely down in deep grass. Got it home and found 14k Italy marked on the clasp, but something just didn't quite look right. Gave it all the K's acid test and it was a fake. Hope whoever bought it didn't pay gold prices. The way you dig, a real one is in your future. HH jim tn

No cigar this time!.......maybe your next detecting trip will give you a solid gold one:thumbup:

Dang Revier, I know the feeling and it's all your fault! Last fall I was swinging around the end zone of an old pick-up football field. Got this weird, scratchy signal and your words about digging these types of signals floated through my brain. Folded over the plug and saw the end of a chain, gold colored with 14k on the clasp! Slowly worked it out of the roots and saw it was plated junk,

Maybe next time for both of us!

Mark

tnkayaker said:
Dang Revier, I know the feeling and it's all your fault! Last fall I was swinging around the end zone of an old pick-up football field. Got this weird, scratchy signal and your words about digging these types of signals floated through my brain. Folded over the plug and saw the end of a chain, gold colored with 14k on the clasp! Slowly worked it out of the roots and saw it was plated junk,

Maybe next time for both of us!

Mark

Can't really complain all that much, just part of the hobby and it was exciting for a minute when I took that first pic.
So far this year in the few good days I could hunt in January I did find 3 gold rings, a small 14k, a 10k with ice and a 22k beauty and only recently the actual thawed out, good weather 2015 hunting season has just begun.
If I found no more gold this season I can already chalk 2015 up as a satisfying and great year in the gold department.
Sure hope that's not all though, after I find gold I seem to be fine for a few weeks and then that gold fever starts to rear its ugly head again and right now it is raging within me.
Huge amount of land to search, small coils, the rarity of gold in any form being dropped out there, and that metal is the master of disguise...I am always amazed that any of us find gold at all.
Always a special experience when we do, I just hope I can get lucky a few more times this year.
Hope you do too.