Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Fish Are Jumpin'... (beverage required!)

William-NM

dirt fish, that is...
Well, despite the inclement weather (sunny, 50s), our intrepid adventurer has gotten a few hunts in. I don't know what Tigger's major malfunction is - I've asked him to post photos a number of times, but he just gives me a lazy smile and mumbles "Ma

WOW! :surprised::surprised::yikes::puke:

As per required, cold beverage aquired, finds admired, hunting inspired, diggin' desired, damn I'm tired!!

Now THIS guy can flat lay down a POST! Heeeees back fellas!~:clapping:

Mud

(ps, In your honor, and with your permission, may I name my next hunting vehicle "rustica"?)

Beautiful post William (& Tigger!!!) and very well done on the pictures!!! :clapping: With all you've found, an "intrepid" fellow could open a really nice museum.

My, my, my, what an array of history pieces and just outstanding photos, William. I am sitting here and I can hear the quiet you mention in some of those shots. Wow! HH jim tn

Great display of finds and digs.Thanks for posting this good array of items.

Beverage required? You mean two! By the time all those pics downloaded on my computer, I had to grab a second drink!:drinking: Man....you sure made up for some lost time. The pics of the places you hunt are awesome! I bet you have enough places to hunt for the next 100 years. You should get a nice story together with some of your best finds in high resolution, and send them to Garrett. They are giving a AT Gold detector away each month instead of just a Propointer.

I am still waiting for you to make a silver spoon-ring out of all that silver you got.:devil:

All the best in 2014 and keep those great posts coming.

As always, excellent finds and the posting thereof...keep it up. Glad you managed to survive the sunny and 50s weather. I haven't posted in a while since the frozen ground and snow cover makes it difficult. It's 9 F here now, but it is forecast to blast to 13 F at noon today.

aj

Thanks, fellas!
Mud: Sure, I figure 'rustica' sounds a little better than piece of -*&^%#@ !!! :sadwalk:
Joel: Thanks, long time no see!
Jim: I'll trade you a bucket of horseshoes for a couple o' nice silver coins, heh.
John: Merci! I may just do that - taken together the finds tell a pretty interesting story and I've been getting them organized... spoon rings coming right up! :crylol:
AJ: Brrrr... won't be long, though. I need the winter to try to keep up with you water hunters and all your gold and jewels!

Hi William , few interesting things .... :clapping:
His reports have great quality , but I think Tiger writes scripts and photos ... lol:rofl:
I would like to comment on some of their findings , but I get lost in translation .
The long white stones can be sharpening or polishing .... The "hand plane blade " is undoubtedly the blade of a carpenter's plane , not if you knew ...
Wood " ploug" is easily a system of animal crawling very very homemade ...
The weight of 100 g . is very nice , I think I have the same or very similar in my collection , with tax stamps from the early twentieth century. These pieces of brass are filled with lead, to give the correct weight. The load / dowload into a hole in the base or in some pieces by unscrewing the handle on top . The lead could be cast or little shot . It has nothing to do with the honesty of the dealer that they lack weight dumbbells ....Since 92 years ago, we trade in feed:lol:
In the photos you can hear the silence , yes it's true. The landscapes are wonderful, and with so much history .
I 've been reading about Fort Cummins , provided that you give a name of a place in the web search ... Cavalry , Apaches , wagon trains , Massacre Canyon, the only source for many miles , bones, dead ... God ! this , yours is also a gripping story . I have also been visiting the area from Google Earth , a good substitute for those who can not travel that far .... La historia es siempre mas apasionante que la mejor novela.
Thank you very much for sharing , I had a nice evening detection , history , landscapes, Indians and U.S. Cavalry , better? impossible
Senda

Fantastic array of finds, really great pics too. One thing, if any of the land you hunted on is administered by the National Park Service - read up on their regulations regarding metal detecting and having detecting equipment with you while on NPS lands. I only mention this after seeing the placard for fort Cummings.
Great post
HH -Bruce

Ytcoinshooter said:
Fantastic array of finds, really great pics too. One thing, if any of the land you hunted on is administered by the National Park Service - read up on their regulations regarding metal detecting and having detecting equipment with you while on NPS lands. I only mention this after seeing the placard for fort Cummings.
Great post
HH -Bruce
Addendum: Sometimes I don't read carefully the first time. I see where you were careful, avoided the fort site etc. Just freaks me out how strict the NPS is, where as some Army Corps Of Engineers land is available for detecting.
Different bureaucracies I guess :shrug:
Great scenery

Senda: Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to hear that you were moved to do some reading on the area. There is a surprising amount of history for such a sparsely populated area. Of course, Billy the Kid was born and did his first jail time here in Silver City, and Butch Cassidy sometimes worked at a local ranch under an assumed name. Other outlaws were also known to frequent the area. The well known Indian chiefs Geronimo, Victorio and a few others made hundreds of raids in the area, many of which have been long since forgotten. And the hills that look like nobody has ever walked them were crawling with prospectors for a few years, so it's fun to just do some random swinging and see if anything interesting turns up!