Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Friend Who Finds It All

I think some people through experience and intuition can survey a site
and find the best places at that site to detect which leads to more and better finds.

yeah...and some of the best places you can't see.... that is where the good stuff is.....Some just get very ,very , very lucky !~ :)

yeah...and some of the best places you can't see.... that is where the good stuff is.....Some just get very ,very , very lucky !~ :)
Yeah, but to say it's luck constantly when it's done time and time again?
I have to say it's more than luck.

Some people get really tuned into what they are doing and some just swing the coil.
example. If you are detecting a city lot. Look at the other house front yard and usually they are all lined up the same distance from the road then they are usually somewhat the same in size and balanced on the lot and for older houses there was most likely an outhouse in the back yard and usually down wind from the house and the path guessing the path to the outhouse.
none of this is perfect but it gives you something to look at.
They always if they could would park their horses and carriages down wind at business, churches,
schools. Just look for some pattern. And older is deeper usually do faint signals.
Doug

Ever get smoked by a radio shack detectorist that uses his 40 dollar detector once maybe every 2 years while you were using your etrac ?
I have had that experience....he was in the middle of nowhere and pulled 2 IHC's and a merc while I was hunting the most obvious areas...I got a lincoln...
On the foundation...along the walk....from the driveway to the front door...out around the backdoor....front yard...around all big trees....around an old flower garden and all possible paths to the house.
I hit it all...he just was a lucky zig zag hunter...that looked like he was swatting at flys in the yard.....but better than me that day however.
Could he do it everyday....I don't really know....I think maybe it could be just luck...or did he know what he was doing?

I think some people through experience and intuition can survey a site
and find the best places at that site to detect which leads to more and better finds.
Your absolutely correct I just did that in a field saw a slight depression hit it very slowly and nailed a real nice 1898 lock come to find out a old building stood there same with a silver half dollar well two I hunted both sides of the driveway going into the big camping area nailed two walkers this week one with a mercury that's 3 in one month at this park!
Try new areas and look for "old soil" which has old grass growth and no fill.
Mark