Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Headphone Question?

Ben Town

Still trying to find a good set for the 3030.
Kinda looking at Black Widows or Killer B Hornets.
The Black Widows block 29 decibels of outside noise not sure on the numbers for Killer Bs.
I need a set that will cut out the wind here in central IL. and pick up that faint signal .
I went out today and the stock headphones leave a lot to be desired.
Share your opinions , likes and dislikes
BT

I have used KillerBs and Sunray Gold pros. I prefer the Sunrays, they are a great headphone. If you buy a new set, make sure it's make for the CTX so that it will shut off the internal speaker if you ever need to plug directly into the detector.

If you are willing to only use the wm-10 the BLACK WIDOWS REALLY cut down the outside noise. They are designed for hearing impaired and do it well. Some people do not like them because they can make it difficult to hear people near them when hunting.

I have used the Black Widows since 2007 on my Explorer and when I got the 3030 in 2012 have kept using them. I have tried Killer Bees, SunRay Golds, and two or three other brands. Nothing will touch the tones and sound of the Black Widows for my hearing, under my conditions. Like stated below, they block out about 5 DB more ambient noise than any other headphones on the market. (that is about twice the amount, as noise doubling is 5 DB) Do NOT use them in areas where there might be rattlesnakes as you will NOT hear them. Do not use them in a bad part of town as someone can sneak up on you. They do have a booster circuit in them to help amplify the sound coming from the detector. I have three pair. (my backups have a backup.) LOL sidenote: My hunting buddy uses Gray Ghost and has borrowed my backup Black Widows when his Ghost gave up the ghost and said that he had to turn them way down because they were to loud for him.
I liked the Killer Bee for my CZ70 and the SunRay Gold for my F75 but on a Minelab it has to be the Black Widows.

PCJ

I also like my Sun Ray Gold Pros.
When the ear pads needed to be replaced, I used some silicone gel filled pads like used for pilot's headphones. Make a good seal to keep out the noise but are hot in the summer.

The CTX Sunray pro golds are top notch if you want the full coverage. They are the only one's I have found I can wear without aggravating my TMJ syndrome.
Too hot here most of the time for them and I prefer to hear a bit of the ambient noise

I’ve got a pair of Black Widows ordered.
They should block the wind and stay in place , the wind being the biggest concern.
I’m going to try just useing the WM10 on a calm day, seems like it may be ok when it’s hot, just clipped on my collar.
If it would just dry up a bit
Thanks for the opinions
BT

I think most people clip on their belt or put in in their front pocket if there is a chance of rain. I put mine in upside down as there is more chance of water penetration on the top through the RCA plug.

I just got my Mal's SurFFoneS in this week. I tried them out for a while and they are very loud and very well made. They may be the best phones I ever owed.