Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The heat got to me

Waterdog

Took the Minelab Equinox 800 out for a spin in the volleyball sand area. I did one volleyball court, but the heat got to me. I guess I will have to wait to do the other three courts. Unless someone else gets to them first. No shade in these areas:(

Took the Minelab Equinox 800 out for a spin in the volleyball sand area. I did one volleyball court, but the heat got to me. I guess I will have to wait to do the other three courts. Unless someone else gets to them first. No shade in these areas:(
You attempted it and in my book, successful with or without treasure. I hope it cools down so you can finish the courts.

Go at night a lot cooler
Mark

Early bird... Coolest part of the day is at sun up
Unfortuntely I learned the hard way in Florida !!! Got out 6-7 a/m and got eaten alive by no-see um's !!!!! If you live in tropical locale, better bring lots of bug spray !!!
In Florida its either red tide or bugs !!! I'll stay here in Jersey and put up with a little cold weather in winter.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Red tide isn't common and a weak bug repellent with 5% deet will keep the no-see-um and skeeters away. That for me beats 4 months of cold, snow and everything brown and dead..

I once went to Florida in late June.
Went swimming All day
Next day I was red as beet. Hot dry skin burning up.
Had to stay in a tub of Cold water for three days.
Never peeled like that in my life. Unggghhhh

I once went to Florida in late June.
Went swimming All day
Next day I was red as beet. Hot dry skin burning up.
Had to stay in a tub of Cold water for three days.
Never peeled like that in my life. Unggghhhh

I can see why many Mid-westerners go to Florida, winter is way too cold and long. I think you either love or hate Florida. For me, the heat and the bugs just kill me.
Unfortunately due to family situation, I have to go more often than I want. Fl is just not my cup of tea. With climate change, not one snowflake this winter at the Jersey Shore !!!
I'll take 4 different seasons a year vs HOT< HOTTER, and HOTTIEST !!!! Different strokes for different folks !!!!

Stay cool down south !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

I can see why many Mid-westerners go to Florida, winter is way too cold and long. I think you either love or hate Florida. For me, the heat and the bugs just kill me.
Unfortunately due to family situation, I have to go more often than I want. Fl is just not my cup of tea. With climate change, not one snowflake this winter at the Jersey Shore !!!
I'll take 4 different seasons a year vs HOT< HOTTER, and HOTTIEST !!!! Different strokes for different folks !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)
If you want the season's. Come to the shore's of Lake Erie. Sometimes we even have all 4 season's in one month. 😄😏

HH
Donna(NJ)
Though you sure get big winds. Before I retired this January. I put many power lines back up out your way. Those out of town storm restoration jobs were enjoyable for me anyway.