Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The hunt before the storm

Geologyhound

Got out for a little bit today before the storms were expected. I was hunting an old home site (late 1800s through early 2000s) with a custom program built off of fast. Lots of iron, so I increased the reactivity to around 2 to 2.5.

The old pocket watch is unfortunately missing the back, so I have no idea the age. It was giving me a weird double signal with a fairly solid 72. I decided to dig it anyway because I kept getting a good tone at certain angles. Once I removed the new nail from 2 inches, the signal cleaned up to a good 72 and so did the tone. The watch was another several inches down. I recovered a piece of the cover glass with it. This is actually the second pocket watch I have found with the D2 this year, although neither one are in great condition…

Not too far away was the 1914 WHS medallion. I am guessing it comes from a high school and the only one locally that matches would be Woodward. I plan to contact them to see if anyone can confirm if it is truly a class of 1914 medallion.

The old car is a matchbox lotus number 19 from around 1966 to 1967. I also found the hammer for a cap gun and an auto city products company (Detroit Michigan) key. All the coins were modern.

I’ve been experimenting a little bit with large tones – especially large iron tones when I can get a fairly decent good tone from one discrete area (preferably not the end if it is an elongated iron). If I can get a discreet good tone, I dig the tone even if pinpointing pulls me off to the side due to the larger signal. This has resulted in several coins including today’s nickel. However I did get fooled on a large iron bolt.

Thanks for looking and hope you’re having fun!

Attachments

• FA14379A-0B94-4AE2-BBF4-9F6229F6216E.jpeg
    FA14379A-0B94-4AE2-BBF4-9F6229F6216E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • 67922552-1272-4458-905A-7ABB7B0EAD97.jpeg
    67922552-1272-4458-905A-7ABB7B0EAD97.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
Nice finds.

Thanks for sharing that tip on hunting in the big iron. If you don't ever get fooled on round iron or a bolt, you are bound to leaving some good nonferrous targets in the ground.
Anytime your not using all metal and using any discrimination your bound to be leaving some good targets. The only way to get all is to dig all but very few are willing to do that especially with modern detectors with more and more features that tell you what not to dig.

Got out for a little bit today before the storms were expected. I was hunting an old home site (late 1800s through early 2000s) with a custom program built off of fast. Lots of iron, so I increased the reactivity to around 2 to 2.5.

The old pocket watch is unfortunately missing the back, so I have no idea the age. It was giving me a weird double signal with a fairly solid 72. I decided to dig it anyway because I kept getting a good tone at certain angles. Once I removed the new nail from 2 inches, the signal cleaned up to a good 72 and so did the tone. The watch was another several inches down. I recovered a piece of the cover glass with it. This is actually the second pocket watch I have found with the D2 this year, although neither one are in great condition…

Not too far away was the 1914 WHS medallion. I am guessing it comes from a high school and the only one locally that matches would be Woodward. I plan to contact them to see if anyone can confirm if it is truly a class of 1914 medallion.

The old car is a matchbox lotus number 19 from around 1966 to 1967. I also found the hammer for a cap gun and an auto city products company (Detroit Michigan) key. All the coins were modern.

I’ve been experimenting a little bit with large tones – especially large iron tones when I can get a fairly decent good tone from one discrete area (preferably not the end if it is an elongated iron). If I can get a discreet good tone, I dig the tone even if pinpointing pulls me off to the side due to the larger signal. This has resulted in several coins including today’s nickel. However I did get fooled on a large iron bolt.

Thanks for looking and hope you’re having fun!
it looks like a watch fob. I'm talking about the medallion.