Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The KEY to success

"Dr.Tones"

Finally made it out for a much needed hunt. Managed to score another Barber key date. A 1903 S dime! Sweetness! Heck of a year!

Thanks!

Beautiful coin and great find! :clapping: That vid you did of the auction of that one coin you found was really a fun vid to watch!
Mud

Again another nice find Dr. Tones, love those barbers ! I was looking forward to reading your story on "The KEY to success" and have to admit I was a little disappointed to find it was a PUN LOL! Knowing how successful you have been, it would be a real nice read if you posted something like that. Hmm food for thought perhaps? You and your crew are well known and respected in the community, I for one would live to see something like that. Ok, I digress, awesome find on that coin!

This has been a slow year for me, only 4 silver coins, but 1 was my 1st SLQ (no date of course!#$) I haven't got out as much as usual so right there is my key to success, get my fanny out and dig!

Oh, and I agree with Mr. Mudpuppy 100%! That was an excellent video of the entire process, you never know when a mere mortal such as I just might luck onto a good find! ;-)

That is a very pretty coin for its age and burial history. Have you done anything to it beyond water?
Congrats!

Great coin Brandon!

Thanks for the kind words guys! I haven't done anything other than soaking it in distilled water. Hopefully when I get home from work the rest of the crud will be gone. Speaking of keys to success, I'm actually writing a book about some of the things I've learned along the way. It will cover everything from detecting basics to advanced skills, but most of all, it will cover how to find old spots, identify approx. age of structures, landscapes, where to look once you get there, permissions, cleaning (if you must) and much more. My publisher is pushing me to the max to have it done by Aug. so it can be available by Christmas.

\"Dr.Tones\" said:
Thanks for the kind words guys! I haven't done anything other than soaking it in distilled water. Hopefully when I get home from work the rest of the crud will be gone. Speaking of keys to success, I'm actually writing a book about some of the things I've learned along the way. It will cover everything from detecting basics to advanced skills, but most of all, it will cover how to find old spots, identify approx. age of structures, landscapes, where to look once you get there, permissions, cleaning (if you must) and much more. My publisher is pushing me to the max to have it done by Aug. so it can be available by Christmas.

That is awesome news about your book! I'll be lpoking forward to getting a copy when they come out! A signed copy would be nice too :) ! I'm glad I brought it up!

Don

Wow another key date. Who would have thought that coming from Tones. Love to see your coin collection but it probably is not good to get dirt on them. Good luck out there.

Nothing like seeing a little silver roll out of the hole! Very nice find - pretty coin.