Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The King of metal detectors

badarse

I have been a sovereign user for a good 25 years. Tried many others but have continued to go back to my trusty sovereign. Mostly a beach hunter, I have waterproofed many sovs. There was an unbelievable amount of jewelry finds a good 10 - 15 years ago. Gold and silver were an easy target to dig.. Unfortunately now hard to find anymore. The high price of gold has been the reason. But it has given the opportunity to cash in. So after many years of collecting silver and gold I made the decision to turn it all in. It's all gone now but great memories of each piece dug. Believe it or not I remember almost every find and where and when it was found. I made a mold and melted it all down then tuned it in to the local refiner.

Yup that is 11lbs 9 ounces of mixed gold......What a hobby!!!!!

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 129
I guess that detector paid for itself! I haven't cashed in on the gold or silver, but I did on scrap brass, copper and lead a year ago $3200 cash not bad but yours WOW! Funny how you remember finds like that, my wife looks at me kinda funny when I do that LOL
Thanks for sharing (y)
HH Jeff

Just so fortunate to discover this hobby when I did. Being self employed helped also. Lots of free time. You know whats so funny about digging gold .......you never get tired of it. Almost 70 now and even though finds are minimal, I just love going out and lookin for stuff. Lots of girls in bikinis too. Maybe thats the real reason I go to the beach...LOL🤑
🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

The GT comes up for sale occasionally here in the uk and is snapped up quickly........many still think its the dogs danglies.I've owned a few over the years and found a lot of stuff with them.......its still one of the best detectors out there regardless of all the latest high tech offerings with endless programs and the ability to find an earing back under a scrap car at ten feet in depth.🙄
I will keep my Sov until either it breaks and you can no longer get spares or repairs or i am too old and knackered to swing it.........still one of the best all round detectors out there.

The GT comes up for sale occasionally here in the uk and is snapped up quickly........many still think its the dogs danglies.I've owned a few over the years and found a lot of stuff with them.......its still one of the best detectors out there regardless of all the latest high tech offerings with endless programs and the ability to find an earing back under a scrap car at ten feet in depth.🙄
I will keep my Sov until either it breaks and you can no longer get spares or repairs or i am too old and knackered to swing it.........still one of the best all round detectors out there.
That it is One of the best if not the best detectors out there, that is if you learn this detector. I think I will take my GT with me when I go and hope it will take the heat if I go there, but if I go the other way I will be in heaven and on the path of gold.

Rick

I have been a sovereign user for a good 25 years. Tried many others but have continued to go back to my trusty sovereign. Mostly a beach hunter, I have waterproofed many sovs. There was an unbelievable amount of jewelry finds a good 10 - 15 years ago. Gold and silver were an easy target to dig.. Unfortunately now hard to find anymore. The high price of gold has been the reason. But it has given the opportunity to cash in. So after many years of collecting silver and gold I made the decision to turn it all in. It's all gone now but great memories of each piece dug. Believe it or not I remember almost every find and where and when it was found. I made a mold and melted it all down then tuned it in to the local refiner.

Yup that is 11lbs 9 ounces of mixed gold......What a hobby!!!!!
I would greatly enjoy learning to water proof my GT.
Purty please. 😊