Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The King..

EOS

I recently got permission to hunt a strange place. I goes back to medieval times, and the pasture used to belong to a king where he trained moose for riding - no this is not a joke, it was the kings moose pen. But some say that he held the animals there for hunting, I dont know, but
four search trips, and I havent found a bullet..? Seems strange, becuse usually I do find musket balls in ground like this.

This is the right place for E-Trac, here it is the King of metal detectors, becuse its just so deep and dont get disturbed of power lines or the nearby railroad that give some small interference, but nothing like XP Deus, becuse I cant use that machine due to all the interference. With that machine I can hear a train coming in from miles away..whilst E-Trac dont worry and the only thing you hear is the humming sound of the threshold, only until it breaks by a good signal. And I had some nice signal for sure. I find mainly old copper coins, the sound of them are great with a high tone and a soft pinpoint.

I run E-trac totally open, and on this ground I use Auto Sensitivity, its not a difficult ground and give most of the times a sens of 25 or higher, on some occasion up to 31??..
When it gets trashy, I go over to TTF, works great.

Tomorrow I will give lessons to archeologists how to set up and use the E-Trac on an iron age settlement. That will be great fun!!

Mike

And it should be fun to teach the archaeologists to use a metal detector. I've offered to do the same with some locally. I would love to go over an area before they dig and mark locations; then see what is found. Suspect that we still miss much because of iron masking.

Let us know how it works out.

Chris

Looks and sounds like a great place to hunt (with the detector). I can't imagine riding a moose. Maybe its like a horse with antlers....who knows. I hope some more good stuff turns up. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac