Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The label on the beach

hello everybody,I dug up a lot of aluminum tags on the beach,
The Numbers are essentially hovering between 13 and 11,Some experienced people told me to just dig for solid signals.I'd like to ask you a question,You usually choose to dig or not to dig?

Lots of pulltabs means to me that the beach has not been much hunted.
As you probably know 9k an 10k gold plus some thinner 18k gold rings/chains can be between 11 and 13 TID

In the end its up to you how you hunt and you could reject 11, 12, 13 in Discrimination if things get too bad for you.
I have faced beaches like that and rather than dig them all day and do my head in...... I might say to myself I will dig 30 pulltabs today and after that I will Disc them out for the rest of this hunt.
Then next time you go there do the same thing and you will slowly whittle down the pulltab numbers and hopefully :thumbup:find some gold whilst doing so.
Good luck

Terra1959 said:
Lots of pulltabs means to me that the beach has not been much hunted.
As you probably know 9k an 10k gold plus some thinner 18k gold rings/chains can be between 11 and 13 TID

In the end its up to you how you hunt and you could reject 11, 12, 13 in Discrimination if things get too bad for you.
I have faced beaches like that and rather than dig them all day and do my head in...... I might say to myself I will dig 30 pulltabs today and after that I will Disc them out for the rest of this hunt.
Then next time you go there do the same thing and you will slowly whittle down the pulltab numbers and hopefully :thumbup:find some gold whilst doing so.
Good luck
Thank you for teaching me, why are so many aluminum rings, without any gold, a lot of beach relics will be washed out of the sea?

I find that most ring pulls will give me a different number when swinging left right and then again at 90*deg, not all ways but most times and a 14k (test ring) ring number seems to all ways read 14tid, I find the most frustrating one is the round foil of juice bottles as it the same tid16 as a 20cent aussie piece solid number every time.

Chiv said:
I find that most ring pulls will give me a different number when swinging left right and then again at 90*deg, not all ways but most times and a 14k (test ring) ring number seems to all ways read 14tid, I find the most frustrating one is the round foil of juice bottles as it the same tid16 as a 20cent aussie piece solid number every time.
Dig all:detecting::twodetecting::stretcher:

Jason is right, BUT I will add ...TAKE ALL YOUR TRASH with you...
But there has been several days I would take a pull tab or a chuck of slaw, just to break up the monotony of silence.

yep I do dig every thing just to make sure, guessing game before you dig, and every bit of rubbish I dig or pick up of the ground is carried out, my bit of keep beaches clean policy I have.

Our pull tabs and aluminum can pieces can read the same as earrings to large gold bands. But as Terra mentioned its a good sign the beach hasn't been hunted much. Try looking at the crowds to see where they congregate on the sand and in the water for hot spots. I haven't hunted in the ocean but erosion from the current and water runoff causes cuts that expose older deeper goodies. It's interesting to see the pull tab to gold ratio's that our hunters have posted. Are you digging any coins or silver?

Laplander

If you wish to be successful as a wet sand beach hunter...

1. use Google earth to find the greatest number of people on different beaches (be sure to go back multiple years in time to find summer beaches, clock icon with green arrow at the top of the screen)
2. use google to learn how to read wet beaches especially an eroding beach vs a sanded or building beach and hunt the eroding beaches.
3. pick the most expensive hotels and condos to hunt in front of (remember most condo's are rented out and have frequent weekly visitors like hotels)
4. you must have wet beach capable detector. This typically does not mean a VLF detector with the Equinox being the exception.
5. get a very good sand scoop with smaller holes to trap smaller women's engagement rings with diamonds.
6. hunters who live within 2 hours or less driving time to the beach have the advantage over vacation hunters.
7. look for lead weight finds and slow down your hunt because gold and lead weights are buddies and hide together.
8. finding light junk like pop tops and fishing lures? move on you are wasting hunting time, that is a non-productive area in terms of valuable items.
9. don't worry about other detectorist on the beach, 90% of them are vacationers and don't know how to beach hunt.

It appears you are dry sand hunting. So you have a 90% higher trash ratio than in the water. A lot depends on how much time you have. If you go out for a quick hunt it may be more productive to disc more targets like pull tabs and bottle caps....... and maybe even foil. Gold will come in from the 1 to about 23 digit......lot of trash in there too. If you dig them and put them in your pouch ...... they are gone is the way i look at it. In the water the fewer the targets the more you can concentrate of those missed and recent drops. I hunt in two tone in the water....... for the most part dig about everything except iron and maybe a shallow bottle cap or two.

I hit two gold rings over the week end, a 14k light lady's with 5 diamonds that ID'd 12 and a 10k medium men's band that was almost rose colored that hit at 20 on my 800 'nox. And Maxxkatt, on number 4 most multifreq vlfs hunt the wet very well, though the Equinox is the best I have used (out of more than 10 CZs and Minelabs).

maxxkatt said:

1. use Google earth to find the greatest number of people on different beaches (be sure to go back multiple years in time to find summer beaches, clock icon with green arrow at the top of the screen)
2. use google to learn how to read wet beaches especially an eroding beach vs a sanded or building beach and hunt the eroding beaches.
3. pick the most expensive hotels and condos to hunt in front of (remember most condo's are rented out and have frequent weekly visitors like hotels)
4. you must have wet beach capable detector. This typically does not mean a VLF detector with the Equinox being the exception.
5. get a very good sand scoop with smaller holes to trap smaller women's engagement rings with diamonds.
6. hunters who live within 2 hours or less driving time to the beach have the advantage over vacation hunters.
7. look for lead weight finds and slow down your hunt because gold and lead weights are buddies and hide together.
8. finding light junk like pop tops and fishing lures? move on you are wasting hunting time, that is a non-productive area in terms of valuable items.
9. don't worry about other detectorist on the beach, 90% of them are vacationers and don't know how to beach hunt.
You are right,Most people think that the beach has a lot of gold jewelry, but they give up after a few hours, or they are beaten by the garbage

JASON CHINA said:

You are right,Most people think that the beach has a lot of gold jewelry, but they give up after a few hours, or they are beaten by the garbage

Most beaches do have a lot of gold jewelry. The problem is that more jewelry = more use = more trash. You have to deal with the trash because you can't block anything other than iron or you will miss gold and silver.

I have started to get pretty good listening to the quality of the tone and guessing what is under the coil. 90% of the time I know when it is a pull tab or one of those foil yogurt lids. But for me being a beach hunter I dig 100% of the good sounding targets. If I don't I get that stupid little voice in my head which says, "are you 100% sure you want to pass, this could be the ring of your life....." and I end up digging it because if I don't shut that voice up it will drive me crazy the rest of the day....I know it's a disease.