Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The latest at Camp Butler

Larry (IL)

The hunting grounds has been open for hunting until last week. I had a real nice talk with the farmer who leases the field who was working on the ditch when I got there. He said I could go ahead and hunt today, but the field is officially off limits for all hunters and he asked me to let everyone I know who hunts it that he no longer will allow detecting there. He said the last straw was someone had excavated the remains of a horse and left the five foot hole open and horse bones scattered all around. Not more than 30 yards from that hole was another hole about three feet in diameter what was also not filled. Although he was very nice to me and we had a nice conversation, he was very upset at the lack of respect for his property. He didn't seem concerned about the hundred or so smaller holes dug with no attempt at filling those in. Someone recovered a target and just walked away. it was so very sad to see all of the disrespect, wish I had my camera with me today.

I went ahead and hunted while he was working on the ditch and he was pleased that I only used a hand digger and not a shovel. He waved bye and gave a thumbs up when he left.

My finds for the day are here: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1427690

It makes me so mad to think that others are leaving holes behind. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Come on people, let's get the word out about COVERING your holes and leaving the ground undisturbed. Field or no field, it doesn't matter. Super finds Larry! HH, Nancy

The last time I was there many hole and two excavations were in the field. Me and Drew filled in all those we encountered. Drew said he knew who was leaving the holes and excavations. He said he would have a talk with them. It was not any of our members who left holes. The owner was mad then, too bad one spoils it for all.