Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Legend and Wet sand salt beach update.

Tom/Cocoa

Ok, I have watched some UK vids about beach hunting and listened to Dilek's new vid . First I did some setting changes similar to UK beach settings. I can say it did help some but the falxing is way to great in wet sand mode. I read the manual and did everything I could to change this. My machine sounded just as Calabash Digger's machine did. As I said I did get it some better but not enough for the machine to be productive. I also used Dry Mode in the wet sand and that improved even more which should not be the case. Although it did better it still gave signals that was not there. The beach here is clean and beautiful. I'm not new to beach detecting. My first machine was the Original Sovereign. I've had he Elite, GT and Excalibur . I've also owned a few Whites Gold quest, CZ 3D and CZ 20 and 21 and all the machines worked fine on this beach I sold all my machines about 9 years ago and got out of detecting. Now I'm 75 yo and want to get back in detecting. I live on a very limited budget so I have to choos Wisely what I buy. I was wanting to buy the Eq 800 but was just out of my reach. I could have bought the 600 for just a little more but with the build quality I read about on those machines I though this may be better since everyone talked about how the build quality of the Legend was I bought the Legend after all it is a multi frequency. Unless the new beach update changes this machine to where it works great on this beach I have made a big mistake in buying this machine. With all due respect on Dilek Gonulay's ( sorry if I miss spelled your name ) You said that this machine works fine on salt beaches and that just is not the cace. Did Calabash and I get defective machines? Only wish I could return the machine and purchase one that will work on my beaches. I know this may upset some people but that is not my intent. I just don't have the money to go buy another detector and now I can only hunt the dry sand and even that is iffy. I have the new update and once today when I used Pin Point mode the mach froze up. It would not power down. After playing with the settings it finally came back to life. Sorry this is so long but this is a big thing to me.
Tom

Did you try adjusting the Salt stability setting in the Recovery speed menu? Also lowering the overall detector sensitivity below the pre set 25?

Wow that's terrible Tom. I wouldn't worry about upsetting people, it is what it is. I'm hoping you just got a bad one and it gets replaced. I almost bought the Legend, glad I held off. Thanks for your honest post.

I called the people I bought it from and they sent me a web site for a tech request. I filled out their form and should hear from them in a couple days. Love everything but the problem I'm having. Hope they can correct it.

I think one of the bugs that the first update addresses is the lock-up problem that some have reported. The update is quite easy to install but it might help you if you watch a video (on doing the update) before you install the update. Englandshistory (You tube channel) put out a very informative video on how to install the update.

(Scratch the above. I just reread the opening post and see that the OP has the first update installed.)

Dilek announced that an update to address saltwater hunting issues is coming. No set date, but it should be coming in a few weeks or so.

I just received my Legend a few days ago. Did the first update right away. Thus far I've been very pleased with the Legend. I haven't hunted saltwater yet - but I will very soon.

I think one of the bugs that the first update addresses is the lock-up problem that some have reported. The update is quite easy to install but it might help you if you watch a video (on doing the update) before you install the update. Englandshistory (You tube channel) put out a very informative video on how to install the update.

(Scratch the above. I just reread the opening post and see that the OP has the first update installed.)

Dilek announced that an update to address saltwater hunting issues is coming. No set date, but it should be coming in a few weeks or so.

I just received my Legend a few days ago. Did the first update right away. Thus far I've been very pleased with the Legend. I haven't hunted saltwater yet - but I will very soon.
I'm not mad or anything because I think it will be a great detector for me once this problem is resolved. I will keep everyone posted on the results i get after being contacted by Nokta Makro.

I'm not mad or anything because I think it will be a great detector for me once this problem is resolved. I will keep everyone posted on the results i get after being contacted by Nokta Makro.

The whole saltwater instability issue is more than a bit confusing to me. I've seen videos of people using the Legend in saltwater and it ran perfectly fine. I've also seen videos where the Legend was very unstable (saltwater) and its performance less than stellar. I have no way of knowing if it is a flaw with the machine, user error, EMI, or some weird combination of them all. NM says it will be addressed via an update relatively soon: that leads me to think the issue is fairly easy to resolve, and likely a matter of a filter setting that needs a bit of tweaking. I guess time will tell, but I'm confident that NM will get it ironed out.

Best of luck in getting the issues with your Legend brought to a satisfactory conclusion.

Hello Tom.
As a matter of fact it does work on the beach... I am sure you have seen others using it on the beach. However, we will give an update on it to make it better.
For the time being, please do not use it in all metal discrimination pattern and increase your ''st'' setting. If it is, please contact me on messenger directly and we can help you further. Maybe you can send me a video so we can actually see the amount of chatter and your settings? I cannot confirm whether there is anything wrong with your unit or not... which could also be the case because thousands of them were shipped and there will always be a few issues...

I will get back to the beach next week. I tried this once but since then did watch a vid to where they had the same problem and the sense setting help correct the problem. Will repost if this helps. Thanks!

Is it possible the amount of mineralization on the beach you are hunting effects your settings. I don't own a legend but all beaches are different. It ranges from how much black sand to water salinity. When I hunt in Florida it is so much different than the outerbanks of NC.

Reactions: tvr
I'm not sure. I hope to get back to the beach and try new settings but I think the biggest improvement will be the new update. Can't wait for that.

Is it possible the amount of mineralization on the beach you are hunting effects your settings. I don't own a legend but all beaches are different. It ranges from how much black sand to water salinity. When I hunt in Florida it is so much different than the outerbanks of NC.
If you get to the Daytona Beach area you may find some of the pink and red sand that is every bit as tough to work as the heavy black sand areas in some parts in the Outer Banks. Haven't been to Daytona in a couple years but we are scheduled to go this summer.

Best of luck to you in getting your new Legend straightened out so you can get on to bigger and better things..........like hauling in the Treasure!

UPDATE!
took the Legend to Cocoa Beach this morning. Tried different settings. I tried wet sand even with st set at 3 still not stable enough to hunt proper. Changed settings to dry sand mode and the mschine worked so much better in the wet sand. I had some chattering but not enough to interfere with detecting. I found a xtra small junk ring with loud tone. In the dry sand with St set on 1 the machine is a killer. Really liking the Legend. Once we get the new beach update I think I'm going to be a happy camper.