Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Legend V1.15 dt feature in Minerals & Iron

JCR TX

I have been quite impressed with the dt feature of the new V1.115 update for the Legend. It really helps on deeper targets, especially in mineralized dirt. The dt feature also seems to help some in unmasking good targets in iron trash.
I have uploaded 3 videos to my channel , "Red Dirt Detecting" if anyone cares to view them. Here is a link to the first of those on V1.15.

You talked me into upgrading. I don't see a downside so far. It seems that, for me, the beast mode is most useful when a target is small and deep and gives an iron signal in park or field modes and I want to check it. I have a quarter buried in the sand deep enough to barely detect but it gives an iron tone. Beast cleans it up quite well even if the numbers are extremely low. I need more time on it, for sure. If it and dt do not work satisfactorily for me, I don't have to use them. Has anyone noticed any other improvements?

I haven't noticed any difference is the tones with dt not activated. With dt active above about 3 or 4 it gets a little warbled.

You talked me into upgrading. I don't see a downside so far. It seems that, for me, the beast mode is most useful when a target is small and deep and gives an iron signal in park or field modes and I want to check it. I have a quarter buried in the sand deep enough to barely detect but it gives an iron tone. Beast cleans it up quite well even if the numbers are extremely low. I need more time on it, for sure. If it and dt do not work satisfactorily for me, I don't have to use them. Has anyone noticed any other improvements?

Any detector that can hit really deep targets will generally give you an iron tone along with numbers that don’t match….If you get a soft barely audible tone, dig it….You’ll never know what you left behind , especially when everything really deep sounds like iron !

I just effortlessly installed the 1.15 which is a feat for a tech dunce like myself and , if anyone is sitting the fence about doing it , I have to strongly suggest you take the plunge. The most important part of the update may be the last item on Nokta's list about improving overall performance. Today , for the second time in as many outings , I have been very impressed at what is turning up in areas I have hunted before with other detectors as well as the Legend. I have hunted this little area several times with the CTX , etrac and Nokta 1.11 and it has been a treasures chest of clad and a few rings. Today I hit it with the 1.15 for an hour before the heat and my new stent medicine told me to go home and once again , in DT 6 , the Legend pulled up stuff that has been hiding for some time from what has to be a number of good detectors. Kudos to Nokta for another improvement!! With still 2/3s of the grassy strip left to detect I expect some more goodies to come to light.
thumbnail_IMG_20240609_085252448.jpg
P6090007 (Medium).JPG