Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Metal detector that was no.1

C.J.M.

Of all the detectors that you have used in your life time which one sticks out as still NO.1 for you:shrug::thumbup:

Currently my XP ORX is my all time favorite so far.

I have had several I really enjoyed. In no particular order from the past here are the ones that stuck out above the others I have tried.

Whites MXT with the 6x10 DD coil
Minelab X-terra 50 with the 6" DD 18khz coil
Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax
Tesoro Silver Sabre 2

I think this will be an interesting thread!!

Not one.
Different detectors with different coils hunt different conditions differently and make the preferred detector a choice of which one I like to handle the conditions at hand. I wouldn't be able to take my ground balance mod Cibola into the water to find submerged gold jewelry any more than I'd be able to separate good targets from iron in an old property where the house burned and was rebuilt leaving a carpet of iron trash with a Head Hunter Pulse.

Obviously the diplomatic answer is...”the one you know the best”. COULD you do better with a different machine which is more capable but not that familiar to you? With work, perhaps. The one I know the best is also the one that’s found me the most. It’s also the most expensive hobby detector money can buy, but cost has nothing to do with it for me. I’m not using it because it was expensive. I use it because it does what I want it to do the best of the 5 I’ve used. The CTX.

The XP Deus. I love it. It’s so light, it’s like a feather to swing. I wish I had gotten one years ago. Since I got the Deus, I don’t think I will ever need to buy another detector.

Everyone seems to have a different one they feel is the one that they like the best. For me several of them I had were great like the Compass Relic Mag auto I had back in the late 70 as it really got the coins. Then it was the Teknetics Mark 1 once I got used to the different tone and beleive this one had something to do with the next detector as it was a learning curve, but it turned many worked out area like virgin for me and is the best for me in my opinion. That would be the Minelab Sovereign with the Sun Ray 180 meter. The real reason was I got to know this detector well as some say you are only as good as you know your detector. I have a Equinox 800 now trying to learn, but kept the Sovereign as I know what it can do for me. The 800 hasnt proved to be as good as IDing like my Sovereign is and really dig the trash with the 800 only because I dont know it like my Sovereign.
Most all detectors are as good as you want them to be by learning what they are telling you, with the Sovereign I learned more each and every time out with it for almost 2 years.

Good luck
Rick

If you are talking land hunting.... The XP Deus with 9" coil is the best I've ever had. Light weight, so adaptable, and fun to use.

I am still stuck with my first two machines. Sovereign GT for the dirt and the Excalibur II for the beach and water. They work for me. I see no need to go to something else that i do not know how to operate or what it may be telling me.

Excalibur (y)

Of all the detectors that you have used in your life time which one sticks out as still NO.1 for you:shrug::thumbup:
TVR put it best but in terms of sheer #s of goodies the XP Deus. The CTX really good too and hey I still miss my old analog Whites Coinmaster 6000 D

Etrac. Still my favorite machine for parks. So far that is, I haven’t had the pleasure of running a CTX yet.

Nokta Impact.
Extremely versatile with numerous settings combined with many available coils.