Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Mojave

Whimpster

Spoke with a friend the other day....we were talking about some of the older Tesoro's mid 90's and early 2000 models and how much we loved them...asked if I had a Mojave ..I said yes..hang on to it he said.
I asked why...then he shocked me by saying there were only 200 produced...so boys and girls you may want to hold onto your Mojave it's a classic.....and rarer then rocking horse poop...
Just saying:)

Cheers, Whimp

I actually sold mine on Ebay recently and the dude filed a claim against me saying not as described. Just because the upper shaft nut had been tighten'd with pliers and had scratch marks. He sent it back and I sent his payment back. I was actually happy to get it back...lol. I made most of my best finds last year with that machine and I also used several others. I heard that there were 150 made. Who knows?

Only 150-200 units produced?? That's way less than I would have imagined. The Mojave was introduced about 18 months before the factory shutdown, and seemed to have a positive reception. I'd have thought many hundreds would have been made but... maybe not :)

-Ken

I got my Mojo as soon as I could. I even called Rusty Hebert when I was in the Philippines to have him ship it to my sisters house here in the states. Been using every since. I really like mine.
KEN

kittlitz said:
Only 150-200 units produced?? That's way less than I would have imagined. The Mojave was introduced about 18 months before the factory shutdown, and seemed to have a positive reception. I'd have thought many hundreds would have been made but... maybe not :)

-Ken

I was very surprised at the number too...friend said that there were a few out of the 200.. that were sent to the distributors in Canada...guess they went like hot cakes.
Nice to have a detector that works well and have such a low production number....a classic:)

Whimp.

'then he shocked me by saying there were only 200 produced' thats alas about sums the situation up,they did not produce what the paying customer wanted,if it was a totally new design and what everyone wanted then they would still have been in business......the rest as we are all well aware is history.......the profit margin on just those 200 machines and also offering lifetime warranties just did not add up for a health business bank balance.

ken ward said:
I got my Mojo as soon as I could. I even called Rusty Hebert when I was in the Philippines to have him ship it to my sisters house here in the states. Been using every since. I really like mine.
KEN

I bought mine used from a guy who bought one for himself and his wife . The reason he sold it was because his wife preferred an id machine . It was listed for a while with no takers and when I bought it the guy was overjoyed . It's a great machine and a lot of fun to use . I was really surprised to hear so few were made .

I'm curious about that number too.
I have 2 of them since my girlfriend was interested in detecting so I picked up a second one.
Seems like a very low number for how many people must have bought them.

That does seem like a low number . Not enough bells and whistles I guess

guessing the first four numbers on mojave serial are all the same ? my last two are 37.

wow they are super hard to find now i like mine thats why i kept it with the CSC which seems even harder to find so a great set up thats rarer than a Diablo thats gotta be kool :bouncy: wont be parting with mine any time soon.

I got a Mojave, it ain't never going anywhere.
Also got a Compadre, we have had so much fun and found so much together that it also has a home with me forever.

IQ-2018 said:
guessing the first four numbers on mojave serial are all the same ? my last two are 37.

wow they are super hard to find now i like mine thats why i kept it with the CSC which seems even harder to find so a great set up thats rarer than a Diablo thats gotta be kool :bouncy: wont be parting with mine any time soon.

#230451 for me . My other Tesoro is a Diablo 2 Gold Demon .

My MoJo came in at 230081. So the dirt doctor has 230451. Looks like 200 units is a little low if that's the way they counted.

Serial numbers don't go by model. 230081 could have been your Mojave and maybe 30 more, but then 230120-230150 were vaqueros

Mine are 229923 and 230020

how do you know that 230120-230150 were vaqueros ?

my mojave 230037

just like everyone here trying to work out how many there are?

I don't know they were vaqueros. Just trying to convey that they don't just reserve a group of serial numbers for a certain model. One week they may make 50 mojaves, 30 vaqueros, 20 tejons and 100 compadres. So the numbers just ascend. 20-50 mojaves may be in number order but after the next numbers may be for the tejons, then the compadres, then the vaqueros. Then the following week they may make another 50 mojaves who's numbers start where whatever the last week's detector, whatever model it may be, left off.
Serial numbers aren't a good way to judge I don't believe.
Best bet is to ask a member here that used to work there or I believe on another forum there's a member that was just layed off at the end. He would have a better idea of how many ballpark were produced

i totally agree finding info from the source is way better than trying to piece it together... so anyway i cant find a new one to buy from a place i would be comfortable buying one from so time will tell what happens with these but i like mine so will keep it :tesoro: along with my Cibola 2 small concentric's for each and a CSC for each they are irreplaceable now and just fun to use :bouncy:

but if we can get horses mouth mintage numbers on Mojave that would be great !!

IQ-2018 said:
i totally agree finding info from the source is way better than trying to piece it together... so anyway i cant find a new one to buy from a place i would be comfortable buying one from so time will tell what happens with these but i like mine so will keep it :tesoro: along with my Cibola 2 small concentric's for each and a CSC for each they are irreplaceable now and just fun to use :bouncy:

but if we can get horses mouth mintage numbers on Mojave that would be great !!

I think the the number came from the horses mouth....just saying.