Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The most horrific part of any gem, rock, and fossil show....

Roscue2

I was at a show a few weeks ago, and heard that sound everyone fears at a gem, rock, and fossil show.... a gem/rock/fossil falling to the ground!:surprised: Its never a question of if, but when. I am not sure what type of rock fell, but it fell because of the way it was set up, and the dealer didn't make a fuss about it. It did break into 3 pieces though from what I saw.

The lesson from this? Keep a safe distance from the displays and be very, very careful.

BTW, anyone else have any show nightmares to add? I'd be interested to hear about the horrors.:)

When I sell at shows, I have a please touch sign on the items that are for sale.
Only once did that backfire on me. I had a very nicely carved piece of soapstone on the table
for sale. A child was reaching for it to hold it so he could look closer at the carving, his mother
jerked him back with a screeching don't touch.. Unfortunately, the child had on hand on the carving
and his mothers jerking caused him to drop the piece on to the cement floor. The child was devestated
at the damage to the carving, the mother self-righteous in her you shouldn't have touched the stone and
me with an unsaleable item. I still have the piece, eventually I'll recarve it.
I still have a please touch sign on things at shows, but the more fragile things have to be asked for
to be inspected in hand.

wow,
So many things displayed in that story, other than rocks!! And it appears your grace won over all the possible uglier outcomes! Way to go!!:clapping: