Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The new 6" coil nails a deep Indian

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
https://youtu.be/nx-FxBThRds Here is a short video of a coin found with 6" coil first. I marked it with the paint stick then live dug with the 11" for comparison. The audio and I.D. where quite similar with the coin measuring in the 7" to 8" range. I might mention I have hunted this yard several times with the 11" coil, did I miss this one or just not get over it you be the judge but the 6" nailed quite easily.

Sorry about the volume I will turn it up next time.

Laplander

Looks like that 6" is going to be good for those super trashy sites without sacrificing much depth!
Nice little video.......

Iowa Dale

Nice score...

Nice score on the IH. And good to hear it rang in with both coils before disturbing the soil. Speaking of which....where did you come across damp dirt? LOL HH Randy

After 5-6 weeks with the 6" I can say it is very good in trashy spots. Just have to go slow! A lot of times there is stuff in the hole with the coin but it will hit on the coin, maybe not a solid number but it will hit on it! Depth is very good, deeper than I want to dig in Southeast Texas heat and humidity! It is also crazy good on nickels, wars, V's and Buffs.

Digger said:
Nice score on the IH. And good to hear it rang in with both coils before disturbing the soil. Speaking of which....where did you come across damp dirt? LOL HH Randy
Thanks for sharing the rain Randy :clapping: here is the IHP up close
Laplander

That looks like it was dropped in 1861. Nice find!

It may be a short vid but you did a great job capturing the recovery of an outstanding coin!

Jackpine Savage said:
It may be a short vid but you did a great job capturing the recovery of an outstanding coin!
Thanks Jackpine
Short and sweet, The 8 penny 1 penny post was the same hunt with equally interesting recovery.
Laplander